Fall damage in Ladders

Arlo

Hi!
I'm having an issue with Fall Damage taking effect when I leave a Ladder, even if being below the Min Fall Damage Height, set to 5. I can fall from platforms up to 5m high with no problem, never taking damage, but when I press Jump while I'm in a ladder to leave it I get damage when touching the ground, even if I was clearly below 5m to the ground when releasing.
Any idea about how to fix that?
Thanks!

Are you using the ladder climb ability from the climbing pack? I just tried to reproduce this but wasn't able to.

Are you using the ladder climb ability from the climbing pack? I just tried to reproduce this but wasn't able to.
Hi Justin, thanks for your repply.

Yes, I'm using the Climbing Pack from Opsive and I was able to reproduce the error in the Demo scene from the Climbing pack.
Here is a video showing the issue: LINK
And I also attach the scene from the Demo modified to test the error (added Fall Damage to Nolan and some scaled platform)

Thanks for your time!

Attachments

• Demo Climbing Fall Damage.unity
    757.4 KB · Views: 2
What version of Unity are you using so I know what to import into? Are you running the latest version of the character controller? Also, if you click on the AttributeManager on the character does the health value go down?

What version of Unity are you using so I know what to import into? Are you running the latest version of the character controller? Also, if you click on the AttributeManager on the character does the health value go down?
The health value goes down, yes. I just added the HealthFlash for clarity in the video.

Sorry for the missing info, I'm using UCC 2.4.8 under Unity 2021.3.10.

Thanks, I was able to reproduce it. The problem is that the max height is not being updated when gravity is disabled. Within UltimateCharacterLocomotion you can change line 900 from:
Code:
            } else if (!m_Grounded && UsingGravity) {
to:
Code:
            } else if (!m_Grounded) {

Thanks a lot for taking the time to find the issue, it's really appreciated. As always great support from Opsive : )