Equipment with multiple slots

Hello, I wan't to create an equipment item that occupy 2 slots or more in a single equipment but I'm so confused on how to do it. (for example dual-wielding dagger, full sets of armor which include Helmet, Chest, Pants, and Shoes) .
-I want to make it so that when the multi-slot equipment is equipped, the equipment UI shows the slots occupied by the icon (for example with the full armor equipment, all 4 slots UI is filled with the icon. Plus points if each icon can be different for each slots and the icon in the inventory can be different as well. But this isn't necessary).
-The methods of equipping it, the equipment can be drag and drop to the appropriate slot (for example an armor with helmet and chest slot, the indicator will show that it can be dropped in either slot) and via Item Action.
-If there's an equipment in the slots of the multi-slot equipment when equipping it, it will unequip the appropriate equipment slot first then equip it (in the case where the equipment multi-slot is Helmet and Chest but the Character has already equipped with multi-slot Chest and Pants, it will unequipped the multi-slot Chest and Pants then equip the multi-slot Helmet and Chest)

I hope that it can scale easily with the combination of the multi-slot equipment. Thanks

Interesting, unfortunately that's not something I took into account when I made the Equipment component and UI.

You will need to look into creating your own equipment script for that. You'll probably want to create a custom ItemCollection and equipment UI too, although the former might not be necessary.

The way I would go about it is have equipment slots separate from the equipped items, such that some items can take multiple slots. Then you may create some custom item restrictions (check the documentaion: https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-inventory-system/inventory/item-restrictions/ ) such that you may not equip items if it does not fit (or replace the items that are already equipped on those slots)

Then you'll probably want to create a custom Item Action and drag&Drop action such that you can go through your own equipping logic (that is not necessarily required though)

I'm sorry I cannot be of more help.

Thank's for the response. I'm trying to undestand / execute what you told but I just aren't able to do it, might be because I don't quite understand it (like creating the custom item restriction).

I was wondering, is there a script for manipulating ItemCollection for Equipment ? and the script that is responsible for controlling the Equipment UI ?
I was hoping to just manipulate the Item Equipment itself in the ItemCollection Equipment by checking the Item Equipment Category or some sort of string, and if there's a clash when equipping the new Equipment, it'll just unequip it first then equip the new one (forloop every equipment equipped and checking if the category is clashing). Then I would manipulate the UI Equipment by just sending/call the function extra Item Equipment data to the multiple-slot.

thanks.

You could make a hidden second item. Then, whenever the first item is equipped (mainhand dagger, dual wielding), you have a script move the weapon to the offhand. If either are unequipped, the other is automatically unequipped and the offhand hidden, again.

The scripts you'll want to look into are the
ItemSlotCollection (that's the script used to organize your equipped items)
ItemSlotCollectionView (that's the UI component that shows your equipped items)

You could either inherit from those classes and build on top of them, or you could duplicate those scripts and edit them to your liking.