Empty item set

Sever3

In the default loadout I only define weapon and ammo. Why does this additional item set appear and how to remove it? I only need a default loadout

empty item set 0.png

Not sure if this may help. I have ran in to this before. If you look at the animator object for each weapon in hierachy
I.e sniper rifle, pistol, sword etc
Make sure the demo collection is not present, and that your own V3item collection is there too.

Last edited:
It looks like you have an item set rule that is adding an empty item set. Take a look at this page for an overview of the item set rules:

It looks like you have an item set rule that is adding an empty item set. Take a look at this page for an overview of the item set rules:

I don't have any rules. I just created a new collection and that's it. This object with rules created itself. I don't need any rules. All items use my collection that I created.

rules.png

I also noticed that for items that do not use the crosshair icon, it appears apparently from this empty item. I've recorded another short video that shows this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sg5rQ1gZJ8tumtobXYE0sVvmF-oHtkLQ/view?usp=sharing

Can you insert a break point in the ItemSet constructor and look at the callstack? This will then allow you to determine why that item set is being created.

Can you insert a break point in the ItemSet constructor and look at the callstack? This will then allow you to determine why that item set is being created.
It is difficult for me to determine what is written here, since I did not write it and my level of programming is different from yours.
I recorded a video of what is being debugged in VS:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14W2MgM80Vzpnh3t7cS8TdMm1KK3scAzc/view?usp=sharing

I tried to create a new player with my already created set of items - the problem repeats.

Perhaps it will be easier for me to assemble the project and send it to you without unnecessary assets?

I can't see the item set that doesn't have any item definitions from your breakpoint video.

Ok, lets approach this a different way. If you follow this video, does it work for you? If it doesn't then I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the migration that you recently did. If it doesn't work in your project can you create a fresh project just to get it working as I did?

I can't see the item set that doesn't have any item definitions from your breakpoint video.

Ok, lets approach this a different way. If you follow this video, does it work for you? If it doesn't then I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the migration that you recently did. If it doesn't work in your project can you create a fresh project just to get it working as I did?

This is extremely strange, I understand, BUT
On a new project, completely clean, this bug manifests itself in the same way!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cfG8i5pfhRV0A_b8Sfd3A0SbZpC6ITsi/view?usp=sharing

The only difference between you and me is the Unity version. You used 2021.3.0, and I used 2021.3.32

I'll download version 2021.3.0 and try to do the same on it.

P.S. By the way, I did not use the migration function from version 2 to 3, I immediately deleted version 2 and started doing everything from scratch on the new version.

Last edited:

No, on version 2021.3.0 I have the same bug, I'm starting to go crazy)
In the video I use my own models, but I tested doing the same with your Atlas model - nothing changes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13x7e33Y8F0BegvCw_Dm4y8gHrfGdbVGr/view?usp=sharing

I talked to Santiago who worked on this system and it turns out that it's normal for there to be an empty item set created. This allows you to unequip the weapons completely. With that said, it makes sense if you don't want to allow this for an option so in the next update we'll add a parameter that allows you to disable the creation. I'm not sure why it wasn't appearing on my machine.

I talked to Santiago who worked on this system and it turns out that it's normal for there to be an empty item set created. This allows you to unequip the weapons completely. With that said, it makes sense if you don't want to allow this for an option so in the next update we'll add a parameter that allows you to disable the creation. I'm not sure why it wasn't appearing on my machine.
Thank you for your help! I'll be looking forward to the update)
If this is the case, I consider the topic closed