Does frames per second effect mouse sensitivity?

sneekyo

I've had a weird issue where when i change from one scene to the next scene the sensitivity lowers, and it only happens when I actually build the game. It doesn't happen in the editor, and the only thing I can think of is that the first scene runs at around 60, and the next scene runs at around 180. Any insight would be very helpful I've been sinking 8+ hours into this issue and no luck.

Also is there a way I can have my players change sensitivity in real time that carries through scene change? Would it have to be something that would be saved to the UCCSaver?

The sensitivity is not frame rate dependent, and the calculation of the look vector takes the delta time into account. If you are using the update method for your character locomotion, we recommend to limit the frame rate.

if you spawn a new character in every scene, you have to save the settings and apply them to the newly spawned character. You can also have a bootstrap/master scene with your character, and load the level additively. This way you automatically keep your settings/inventory/etc.

Where do I check if I am using the update method Christian?

Also currently I am having players adjust their mouse sensitivity via: the Unity input script, - smoothed input, and I made a slider for the sensitivity multiplier.

Is there a better way to let players adjust mouse sensitivity then this?

How would you do it?

Last edited:
The update location is set in the motor section of the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component. And to adjust the sensitivity on the Unity Input script is the correct way.