DisplayPanelManagerHandler exception with new unity input system package

pinkwerks

I'm trying to add UIS to my existing project that uses the unity input system package. I've followed integration directions. Now that I've gotten through the "getting started video" I press play and see DisplayPanelManagerHandler throwing this error. Attached a picture of my player GameObject and it's components. Any ideas? I'm able to open the UI and use stuff a bit but the error floods the console.
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.Input.SimpleInput.CheckInput (Opsive.Shared.Input.IPlayerInput playerInput) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/Input/SimpleInput.cs:81)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Panels.DisplayPanelManagerHandler.Update () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Panels/DisplayPanelManagerHandler.cs:120)1689531489745.png1689530902677.png

Last edited:
I don't see this component on your player:
1689580486337.png
It should be next the PlayerInput component, It's a component we use to interface our input system with the "new" Unity input system

I've updated the documentation text by bolding that component name, hopefully that should help others not miss this line