Display Behavior Tree Reference as a Tree, not as Task

funkiller

Hi there, hello! I am currently attempting to organize a large tree and I believe that using the Behavior Tree Reference would be a beneficial approach. However, it is difficult to have a complete understanding of the tree without the ability to expand references to external trees. When I run the game, all external trees are expanded and I am able to see the full tree with all references in one place, but I cannot find an option to enable this while in edit mode. Thank you!

kSjruOO.png

There currently isn't an option for this. At runtime the reference trees are consumed into the original tree structure so that's why it then shows. I can make a note of this for a feature request. If anybody else would like this as a feature please respond so I know that it should have a higher priority.

There currently isn't an option for this. At runtime the reference trees are consumed into the original tree structure so that's why it then shows. I can make a note of this for a feature request. If anybody else would like this as a feature please respond so I know that it should have a higher priority.
Just keep in mind how some people override GetExternalBehaviors() or write their own subclasses for BehaviorReference where the BT is a runtime lookup.