Disabling Lowering arms on Unequip.

shirohige

Hello,

I want to completely animate the equipping and unequipping.

How do I disable the lowering of the arms? I went to FirstPersonPerspectiveItem and set Rotation Exit Offset to 0, but the arms jump back to their initial position (without applying the position offset) in the middle of the animation.

If you want to change the animations, you have to change the animator. The offset settings are just intended for minor adjustments, not to change the animation itself.

Yes, but the lowering of the arms is no animation, it is part of the spring system and is layered on top of the animations.

I should mention, the first person arms are rigged as humanoid:

Arm_Pivot.png

I offset them using the Position Offset Setting on the First Person Perspective Item component.

Are you using FPS Mesh Tool? In that case you'll need to create a new animator with the arms and disable the unequip animations. By default the third person animations move their hands down.

No, I separated the mesh in blender and used the same rig. The third person animations work fine, the first person stuff doesn't properly work because of the jumping that you can see in the video.

If you aren't changing the position offset then that jumping is likely caused by the animation. There isn't anywhere else within the character controller that sets the position besides the position offset spring.

I have been playing around with WaitForAnimation events and it disappeared, you're probably right.

Edit: The arms still jump, but only AFTER the animation is completed, so that's why setting WaitForAnimation correctly fixes this.