Deathmatch AI Kit bug

errorCSO

This bug is found in the latest version of TPC & Deathmatch AI for Version 3. There are no console errors during installations of TCP, DM AI, or even during the Demo gameplay where this bug was found.

To reproduce; Run the demo scene Spark.
1, Player (Aydan) can fire a few shots after spawn in, then stuck in the fire/aim view without being able to fire weapons. movements are all function normally.
2, All AIs appeared to have the same problem, after initially fired a few shots, then everybody stuck in the aiming mode, just pointing guns at each other without firing.

Note; I initially found out after successfully migrating to V3 of everything, my previously functioning AIs, those that adopted some of the DM AI's functionalities are all stuck in this aiming mode (as said before, no errors & can move freely and even use knife when up close). It seems that the official demo is not working either.

Another thing, please make it so that, for those of us who only use TPC, do not let it import the part that is FPC, as is now, the Aydan prefab still have the whole FPC hierarchy in it with missing scripts that we have to get rid of.

Thanks! See the attached image.

DM_BUG.jpg

Did you open the spark scene and let it save again? This page explains more:

This is likely the cause of both of your issues.

I did all of that, have been using your product for years its the norm. In fact I always make sure there are no console errors or else I assume its on my end. And I never save the Demo or modify other related things.

I have been deleting them all and re-imported everything again. Same problem. I would like to add two more steps to reproduce the bug;

--- Do not die and survive for dozens of seconds or so. then you get to some AIs, they would just shoot at you for a few times then aim without being able to fire. Not freezing movements are fine.

--- Keep firing your rifle, eventually you will not be able to, bullets still there, stuck in the aim mode.

During the whole time, the console has no error other than the aforementioned FirstPerson parts missing warning once. as I am using TPC.

However, the \Opsive\DeathmatchAIKit\Editor\Managers\AgentManager.cs Has this error after imported.

Assets\Opsive\DeathmatchAIKit\Editor\Managers\AgentManager.cs(65,29): error CS1061: 'DeathmatchAgent' does not contain a definition for 'PauseOnDeath' and no accessible extension method 'PauseOnDeath' accepting a first argument of type 'DeathmatchAgent' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Which I have to comment out for my project to run.
// deathmatchAgent.PauseOnDeath = true;

My Unity is 2021.3.4F meeting your requirement according to the doc.

The rifle setup for AI after Version3. To me is useless, all my AI are now forced to use handguns. Because AI can't fire rifles, including your AI demo's unmodified ones. It could be the line of sight. I loved how easy it was to fix that in V2, now V3 has this vague 0.97 setting in the Line of sight module, no documentation on this particular one, tool tip "Third person properties" .... What is it?

Ah, that compiler error is the cause of it all. With that compiler error it prevents the scene from correctly updating and removing the unnecessary objects.

It looks like at some point PauseOnDeath got removed from the BehaviorTreeAgent component. I've added it back and uploaded the Behavior Designer / Ultimate Character Controller integration. I recommend removing the deathmatch scenes, importing the new integration, and then import the deathmatch scenes again and open the Spark scene so it removes the unnecessary objects. I just followed these steps and it worked with just the Third Person Controller imported.

Hi Justin,
The deathmatchAgent.PauseOnDeath = true; is fixed. That's good!
However all of the mentioned bugs remain exactly the same. I only used the AI, so I'm not concern with whether the Demo scene is functioning anymore. Initially I only went back to see if the original AIs having the same issues as mine.

I found a way around it, as said previously, my bots are no longer using the rifle but handgun instead. This basically fixed it. the AI no longer fire a few rounds then stuck in the aiming mode. Except sometimes when get hit by player's shot, this "aiming & following but not firing" bug shows up again.

There is another thing, if you add a tracer to the AI's weapon, you will see it sometimes fire around 45 degree into the sky above the players head, if the player stop moving at this moment, the AI will keep firing into the air, reload fire rinse and repeat at the same direction. Player action can disrupt it, but its bad.

Note; No modification to the AI or its weapons, bug not caused by out of ammo. I think Version 3 need more extensive testing to iron out. I'm very surprised to see no one else having any issues, maybe there aren't that many current users. As the "PauseOnDeath = true" should affect everyone at least.

Hmm, it's strange that I'm not seeing the same thing that you are. The PauseOnDeath was because of a integration update that I made last week so it makes sense that there haven't been many reports of it.

I just tried my demo scene again with a fresh version of the Third Person Controller in a new project and the AI kept going and the first person objects were removed. I'm thinking that this isn't running and is causing other issues. One way to verify it is to place a breakpoint within OjbectRemover.ProcessObjectReferences. Does it get called when you open up a fresh spark scene?