Creating knocked down state?

zoicelols

Am I able to use the death ability to trigger a knocked down state? Also am I able to use revive for a stand back up ability? Or am I supposed to create my own custom abilities for those?

The demo death ability is probably not what you're looking for here. The straightforward solution would be to set up a custom state that the player automatically enters when their health drops low enough. In this state, you'd modify values like their movement speed, animation state, etc. Then you'd have a custom "revive" ability that brings them out of that state (and probably increases their health value). The abilities page in the docs contains a good amount of detail that should help you with setting up custom abilities.

I dont know if you have played smash bros but this is a similar concept. what I am going for is possibly if they take too much damage like a large hit or too much damage in a small window of time then instead of how small damage just triggers damage visualization, large hits knock back and down your oppnent. They can get up by using an attack to attack get up or an input direction for a roll get up in that direction