Copying Character from one scene

tatmanblue

I copied a character from one scene to another. In the source scene, the character works (aka I can walk around in my world). In the destination scene, I added the game manager through the opsive main manager screen and then I copied the character. It does not work--meaning I am unable to move the character with the keyboard. As I stated, it works in the source scene (in the same project).

There's no log messages to indicate a problem---none. Any suggestions?

Here's a look from editor when editing

And here's a look from editor when running the scene

You should look at the character, and the camera. The camera should find the character, and assign the look source. This seems to work, as otherwise the camera would turn black, and you would get a warning message. Check the input component and the character locomotion handler component on the character. Are they active?
How do you copy your character? Are you using a prefab?

I tried both: save character as prefab and drop into new scene; and copy (ctrl+c) from the source scene and paste into the destination scene.

There is active "Ultimate Character Locomotion" and "Ultimate Character Locomotion Handler" scripts active. I'm not sure about input component--nothing stands out so I'm not sure what I should look for.....

Fyi: the scene is different because I removed grass to make scene simpler while I figure this out.

This is a tough one to debug - I've done this a lot so it's possible, but I'm not really sure what would be going wrong if you aren't getting any errors. You could debug this by placing a breakpoint within the CharacterLocomotion.Move method and then seeing what is preventing the MoveDirection from being updated. Maybe it's a collider that you don't expect?

I think it was something with the camera. On the Character Manager screen I clicked "setup camera" on the scene setup tab. Now it works. Unfortunately I do not know what to tell you other than that.