Conditional Abort on Parallel Selector Node

ExqueezeMe

I'm having an issue with the parallel selector node and conditional aborts, in the following behavior tree:
In this part of the tree, if the find cover tasks succeeds, the agent should move to the found cover, which works fine. FindCover can run over the course of multiple frames, so I use a parallel selector to have the agent stand still and shoot at its target while it's waiting for the FindCover to complete. In this case, the FindCover node fails because there is no valid cover available. However, I want the FindCover node to be re-evaluated in case valid cover becomes available. This worked fine when I didn't have FindCover as a child of the Parallel Selector, but now, as can be seen in the image, the FindCover node isn't being re-evaluated. Do conditional aborts just not work with parallel composite nodes?

If it helps, I'll attach my FindCover script.

Attachments

• FindCover.cs
    4.1 KB · Views: 4
Conditional aborts on parallel nodes don't really make sense because the child tasks are already being reevaluated. I would change your tree design so you can use conditional aborts without the need for any of the parallel tasks.