Cinemachine Camera Movement with UCC and UIS panels open

pleska

I was curious if there is a built in way to tell UCC and a Third Person Cinemachine View type to not process mouse movements when a Ultimate Inventory System Display panel is open? If not I guess I can look to build that. Right now when I have an inventory and equipment window open, drag/drop operations are rotating the character and keyboard based item moves in the inventory are moving the character.

I tried to use states with Movement Type but can't switch the current Third Person Movement Type with states. If I could I think I could set an Idle or disabled Movement Type while a DisplayPanel is active. Then the mouse movement would need something else to control it also. Of course I could erase the horizontal and other input names but then the system loses its mind of not having an input mapping defined. I am surprised that no one else has asked to not have UCC inputs processed or some suppressed while a display panel is open. Maybe I am missing some design element that is in the demo.

Last edited:
You could create a very simple custom ViewType, inherit from whichever ViewType you're using and override its Rotate method to return only m_Transform.rotation.