Character Items per Character controller question

Hello,

I have 8 characters I allow my players to select from. I create a UCC enabled prefab for each of them and then I also use the pun-multiplayer add-on workflow that I go through each one and then create a second set of prefabs. At runtime, if they play solo-player, I use the UCC enabled character and using a scripted approach, inject them in the scene and assign it to the ucc camera in the scene. For multiplayer, I use the inherited class method and get one of the UCC + PUN Add-on enabled prefabs so I end up with 16 character prefabs I'm managing.

I also have both weapons and non-moving items in the scene I allow my players to interact with. The non-moving items, like food that has multiple states which either sits on a table or I move in front of the camera and they interact with the food by left-clicking and it goes through the various food states. The food gets spawned by interacting with other things in the scene. The weapons are like normal weapons, guns, etc.

I currently have 7 food items and 3 weapons. Do I go through the build workflow for each of those 10 items for each of the 8 characters and then go through the pun add-on for each of the 8 additional pun-add-on enabled characters - or - can I just go through each food item once for the ucc workflow, save the prefab and then just add it to the items collection for each of my 8 character prefabs and then do the pun-add-on workflow once, create an additional item prefab and then re-use that item for my 8 ucc/pun enabled characters?

Thanks,
Scott

I recommend creating a runtime pickup for those items:

This will allow you to reuse the same prefab.