Character Item Equip

If you have multiple prefabs then the item equipped is based on the slot. When you are equipping the item you can specify the slot either on the EquipUnequip ability or through the StartEquipUnequip method.

I don't see a Slot ID param on the EquipUnequip item ability. Is there a way to have both prefabs equipped and enabled when the ItemType is the default loadout without the use of custom code?

Oops, it's the Item Category field and not Slot ID. If you have multiple Equip Unequip abilities each responding to a different category that has the corresponding Item Type then it can automatically equip. The dual pistols have an example of using multiple abilities.

Ok it seems to work but it's a bit excessive setup if I want to make all legs of a spider be able to be used as weapons. Is there a better way to do this via inspector? Or do I have to do something like add all the colliders of all the legs as hitboxes to the collision module of a Melee Action programmatically on init?

Ah, for the spider legs I would have a single MeleeAction with multiple colliders. Similar to the body Item Type, this will allow you to specify any number of colliders while only having a single item.