Changing "SchedulerBase" - "Source Code" package needs updating

mart8

How do go about making a change in "SchedulerBase". It looks like the code is in a DLL.

I see that there is a "Shared Source" package for the Legacy Controller. Can we please get an update for the latest?

A suggestion is to do like Jason Booth does, when you verify your invoice then you have the opportunity to get github access. The bot then asks your github username and gives you access to the repository.

What changes are you wanting to make to the scheduler? I may be able to make it more extensible to accommodate that change.

Some of the shared files are in an assembly because they will be shared by Behavior Designer 2 and Behavior Designer will be closed source. I think that the best option would be to make everything extensible in order to be able to handle these type of requests. I will be submitting the next update shortly so should be able to get it in there.

We have all the Opsive Products including the behaviour add-ons, we wish to have the source to change things when needed, as we wanted to do with Scheduler now, we are not sure if its the right place for the changes and thats why the source is needed to investigate, there are multiple changes that I know will still come. |
We actually can't wait for these changes to be implemented by someone else. When we are busy with something, having to wait for someone else is not feasible, you know how it goes eventually you just end up making your own because of all these loops you have to jump through. The world is moving faster now

Atleast make a source available to those that buy the product - it only makes sense and will benefit you

Behavior Designer 2 will have a closed and open source version so we can price the closed source version cheaper. I think in this case what the best solution would be is to change all calls from SchedulerBase to just Scheduler. Scheduler is a wrapper class that is outside the assembly and it will allow you to make any changes. I'll include this in version 3.0.5.

The code in those classes shouldn't even be complicated, most developers probably know how to write those functions, maybe in different ways but the result will be the same. I'm saying that because here's the thing - most developers buy these products to SAVE TIME because there exists something that we can modify and build upon.
People will still share the word "I used Opsive", especially if the source code is available to those that purchase this product. Now you will have the skilled developers talking about your products too, it won't make Opsive less valuable if they share the code in my opinion.

Right now how I see it, is you're catering for the middle tier market, perhaps those games that require less coding knowledge and even the most advanced functions of your product will be enough for the average game designer, but developers that wish to add extra bells and whistles this is not possible for them. I hope that makes sense

Thank you, but we willing to give it a shot and see how it goes. I really hope we're not running into dead ends here.

I honestly don't mind paying a bit more for a version on the store that includes the source code - its more about saving time when we are doing customisation on the product or even finding bugs at the products core. That way can fix the issue immediately and just let the product owner know what fixes we've made, its better than sitting idle and waiting for someone else to fix