Capsule Collider Size Issues

CastleSeven

Collider is being resized differently depending on the scene. The only correlation I can find is that the more colliders that exist in a scene, the taller the capsule collider becomes. The height of the capsule collider is adjusted in a couple ways, but the only one that is reporting any changes is CapsuleColliderPositioner.UpdateRotationHeight() which I have check and is adding a negligible amount of height, so I don’t think that is the issue.

The biggest increase in height is seen after adding some “Callout Zones” which are trigger colliders that tells the player the name of a room/area that they enter. The scene can be absent of callout zones, and the player capsule collider will be properly sized. After adding the callout zones, the height of the player capsule collider will be way too tall. Also, the height of the capsule collider is inconsistent. I can load the same scene and get slightly varying results, none of which are ever close to the size of the capsule collider in the prefab.

1612288462760.png1612288469709.png

The images above are in the same medium-sized scene before and after adding the callout zones. ‘h’ is the height of the capsule collider.

1612288504186.png

This image is from a small testing scene, without callout zones.

Continued below...

...continued from above

1612288548573.png

This final image is from a somewhat large scene, without callout zones.

So, it appears that the complexity of the scene is somehow affecting the height of player’s capsule collider. I have noticed that the height maxes out at 2.4.

Any help figuring this one out would be appreciated.

Is the capsule collider getting rescaled like this whilst in edit mode or only during run-time?

The CapsuleColliderPositioner component dynamically adjusts the collider's height to stretch between its two end cap targets, e.g. root transform and head bone, so check that those are being set properly for each instance of the character object in each scene.

Also what version of UCC are you on?

Is the capsule collider getting rescaled like this whilst in edit mode or only during run-time?

The CapsuleColliderPositioner component dynamically adjusts the collider's height to stretch between its two end cap targets, e.g. root transform and head bone, so check that those are being set properly for each instance of the character object in each scene.

Also what version of UCC are you on?

The rescale only happens during runtime.

We confirmed the two end caps are the same in all scenes.

Using UCC v2.2

There's no reason why other objects in the scene should be affecting the Capsule Collider.

- Can you reproduce this in the demo scene?
- Can you reproduce this in an empty scene in your project with just the barebones UCC objects?
- Does this happen if you disable/delete the CapsuleColliderPositioner component?
- Is the scaling of your character being affected by anything else in your scene?