cannot fire pistol

jinliuu

Hi Justin,

I am trying to add a right pistol to my character. I've already get Assault Rifle and Sniper work(can fire and reload) based on the tutorial you provided. However, when I was trying to add a right pistol by doing the exactly step, the pistol cannot fire.

1. The animator ID has been set to 2.
2. I have three guns equipped. As long as I try to fire the pistol by pressing LMB, I can no longer switch to other weapons.
3. I tried to turn off the "Wait for animation event" in the Use field of the shootable weapon component but still get the same result.
4. I didn't use any state configuration.

Thank you!

Set the weapon sensitivity to -1, does that work?
Edit: I think that is what it is called on one of the weapon scripts.

This is problem identified, not solved :(
Likely your gun model forward is not the logical forward and with sensitivity of - 1 your gun will fire inappropriately, eg. When reloading.

This is problem identified, not solved :(
Likely your gun model forward is not the logical forward and with sensitivity of - 1 your gun will fire inappropriately, eg. When reloading.
Just did a test and seems that it is working fine. The gun can shot in the right direction after reloading. Will do more test and see if there is any problem. Thanks anyway!

I think the problem is with automatic fire type weapons with the fire button held or pressed during reload you can get 'wild' fire prematurely.