Can someone direct me an Inventory set up "walkthrough" ??

Daddio

...where someone actually set up a scene (not the Demo). It could be the absolute most basic thing around but I can't quite follow the "Documentation" that is included with the Inventory system and I'd like to see how and where anyone set up any part of the Inventory system.

I'm trying to figure out what to put in the "Display Manager" field in the "UI Designer Schema" area in the initial setup. The example in the documentation shows a "Inventory Canvas(DisplayPanelManager)" but I have no idea where that came from.

I really need to get a look at something I can follow, step by step, where I don't need to look through every single file to find things.

Even on things like "Character Setup" I'm not really sure what I'm looking for there or what it is I'm supposed to do. I tried to find something called "Inventory Player" as is displayed in the example but I cannot find anything with that name.

I mean, how do you get the character into the scene? It seems as though it is done here through the "Setup" but I don't know what to put into that Character Gameobject slot to get it to add to the hierarchy.

Should I add it to the hierarchy as normal? And then add it to that slot?

Last edited:
...where someone actually set up a scene (not the Demo). It could be the absolute most basic thing around but I can't quite follow the "Documentation" that is included with the Inventory system and I'd like to see how and where anyone set up any part of the Inventory system.

I'm trying to figure out what to put in the "Display Manager" field in the "UI Designer Schema" area in the initial setup. The example in the documentation shows a "Inventory Canvas(DisplayPanelManager)" but I have no idea where that came from.

I really need to get a look at something I can follow, step by step, where I don't need to look through every single file to find things.
I just pressed something here and it Auto Plugged with "Inventory Canvas(DisplayPanelManager)" and I'm continuing to work through the documentation.

Yes do make sure to watch the videos Especially the first 5 videos. Videos 1 and 3 where recorded with version 1.0.X of the asset so things might not look exactly the same, but the concepts are the same.
You'll find the second video the most useful to get started:
GETTING STARTED WITH THE ULTIMATE INVENTORY SYSTEM

All the videos can be found here

Yes do make sure to watch the videos Especially the first 5 videos. Videos 1 and 3 where recorded with version 1.0.X of the asset so things might not look exactly the same, but the concepts are the same.
You'll find the second video the most useful to get started:
GETTING STARTED WITH THE ULTIMATE INVENTORY SYSTEM

All the videos can be found here

When is that "Ultimate" first person controller going on sale? I think I'll need that in about a month. And I'm poor, so I need to get it on sale.

The UFPC (Ultimate First Person Controller) is on sale right now. On the asset store and the Opsive store.