Can Hear Object Set-up

petjeennetje

Hi!

I have the A Pathfinding project integration and am trying to get "can hear object" to work.

I checked the documentation but cannot seem to find anything specific to do for the set-up.

Entry -> Repeater -> Can hear Object (detection mode: Layer Mask)

Scene:

A test gameobject with a looping Audio source placed next to the character

However, it seems like no sound is detected (as the Returned Object stays empty).

Am I missing something with the set-up?

Can Hear Object doesn't use any sort of pathfinding so you should be able to use the navmesh sample scene as an example. With that said, if you post your tree I'd have a better idea but make sure your task is being reevaluated with a conditional abort.

Can Hear Object doesn't use any sort of pathfinding so you should be able to use the navmesh sample scene as an example. With that said, if you post your tree I'd have a better idea but make sure your task is being reevaluated with a conditional abort.

Hey Justin,
I know, I don't want it to do any pathfinding. But it is under the "A Pathfinding Project" category, which is why I mentioned it.
At this moment, the "Can hear object" is not working for me at all as I mentioned in my first post.
I also mentioned the tree that I have set-up. All I want is for it to recognize that it heard something at this moment.

Ohh, I completely missed the bold part šŸ˜†
Each time the task runs it will reset the returned object so you should have something else after can hear to detect if the object is being found. Beyond that you could try decreasing the audibility threshold.

That's the problem. It is not hearing anything. I even tried it in an empty scene. Can you try it on your side?
Is A Pathfinding Project giving some conflict?
1713573049092.png

Is the audio source playing? I just tried it and it worked. Also, you do not have a returned object set. The task does not use A* at all so it doesn't even know that you have it imported (the same with the navmesh). Take a look at the navmesh demo scene for an example:

1713594213720.png