Camera recoil accumulation bug

From your gif it looks like the camera moves up. I also just tested it in the demo scene and it doesn't look like the camera is moving back at all. It looks like your x values are always negative for the recoil so I would change it so the recoil can rotate to the left or right.

I have struggled with trying to understand the Camera Recoil Accumulation as well. I have found if you leave the Position Camera Recoil at all 0 values that you can then move the Camera Recoil Accumulation slider to increase or decrease the recoil and then change the Spread to change the recoil pattern. I have been unable to produce a consistent recoil pattern since the Spread randomizes it. I assume if you can find a way for the Camera Recoil Accumulation to not make the camera float away when you change the Position Camera Recoil you could then get consistent recoil patterns for different guns. However, currently I have been unsuccessful in finding a solution to the problem.

Edit: If in the demo you go pick up the assault rifle then in the Hierarchy select Nolan > Items> FirstPersonControllerAssaultRifle go to the Inspector > ShootableWeapon (Script) > Position Camera Recoil and then add a number to any of the Min Value or Max Value X, Y, or Z locations the first person arms and weapon will float off in a direction depending on what number you put and which value location.

Last edited:
The Positional/Rotation Camera Recoil affects the camera's position/recoil. It adds a force to the Secondary Position/Rotation Spring under the first person view type. The spread is not used for this specific value, rather the value is randomized between the min and max Vector3 value:
Code:
            EventHandler.ExecuteEvent(m_Character, "OnAddSecondaryCameraForce", m_PositionCameraRecoil.RandomValue, m_RotationCameraRecoil.RandomValue, m_CameraRecoilAccumulation);