Burst issues + Reloading problem

Hi,

I think I may have discovered a bug but if its intended Id still like to know how to change it.

1) The burst module has a bool if you can stop the firing if you let go of the input and its set to false. The problem is that upon releasing the fire1 button in the middle of a burst it stops instead of continuing firing the remaining bullets.

2) Im pretty sure the old version had an automatic burst meaning you hold down and it keeps firing with a small delay in between bursts, I cant find that option here. I tried toying with burst + repeat module changing their priorities and additive bools but it seems thats not how its intended to be used. I dont think a burst should be semi auto.

3) I talked with another user about that and if you use an automatic weapon and you hold down fire1 until bullets are 0 - reload - the gun wont start firing until you release fire1 and press it again. I think it's not how its suppose to work for an automatic gun, even in other games its not like that.

1) That's how it was designed, a semi auto burst with the option to stop mid way.
But having an additional option to allow to make it semiAutomatic with a delay make sense, I'll add that in.
2) Mixing Trigger modules is not possible, there can only be one trigger module active at a time
3) That makes, I will look into that

I'll let you know as soon as I have both of those features added in and working

I was able to implement your request.
The UsableItemAction script had a limitation that prevented the burst from working correctly.

line 674 comment this part:
Code:
// TODO This was removed because it caused issues with burst trigger module, instead the input check is done inside CanStartUseItem of all other trigger modules.
//if (useInputIsTryingToStop) {
     //The input is trying to stop the item, but the item cannot be stopped yet.
     //Even though the item cannot be stopped, it shouldn't start again.
     //return true;
//}

Then replace the TriggerModule script with the new one attached.

With that change you should be able to repeat burst and also continue shooting even after reloading if the button is still pressed down

Attachments

• TriggerModule.cs
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
I was able to implement your request.
The UsableItemAction script had a limitation that prevented the burst from working correctly.

line 674 comment this part:
Code:
// TODO This was removed because it caused issues with burst trigger module, instead the input check is done inside CanStartUseItem of all other trigger modules.
//if (useInputIsTryingToStop) {
     //The input is trying to stop the item, but the item cannot be stopped yet.
     //Even though the item cannot be stopped, it shouldn't start again.
     //return true;
//}

Then replace the TriggerModule script with the new one attached.

With that change you should be able to repeat burst and also continue shooting even after reloading if the button is still pressed down
Thanks I will keep testing and let you know if something off comes up.

@Sangemdoko

I found an issue with the burst if you keep spamming your left click then it will fire lots of bullets without waiting for the burst delay kind of acting like a very overpowered semi auto

I tried to replicate you issue but couldn't.
How is your item setup for burst.
This is the one I have in the demo
1675251137407.png