Bow Arrow - Shooting

nightowls94s

I followed the tutorial and everything is working great but the bow will only fire with the Grenade button
I'd like to change this to Fire1.

I have the bow Item Set - Slot1 and have added Bow Use Slot Presets in Item Use Ability
But it is still firing with the Grenade button.

I have started from scratch 3 times now and following the videos i end up with the same problem.
Perfectly working bow with the wrong Use button. It seems like in the video yours just simply works with fire1 but not mine.

Tinkering with it / straying away from the video only breaks it like trying to change the Slot ID to work with fire1 it breaks
I've referenced the demo but as i can tell i have everything set up right. So i am at a dead end. Anyone run into this?

Last edited:
The firing is controlled by the Use ability - if the bow is being fired with the grenade button then chances are the input name is wrong. The bow uses slot 1 instead of 0 so make sure your use ability corresponds to this slot. In the demo scene the use ability uses the state system to switch inputs based on what item set is active.

The only Use ability with Slot ID 1 i had was for grenades
Solved by creating a new use ability for Slot ID 1 with the right input name. Thank you.

Last edited: