Behavior Designer base package importing directory

To whom it may concern,

After speaking with a team member of mine whom is on the same Unity 2D project as me (we use Unity's Version Control platform PlasticSCM to keep up to date on the same version of the project). He downloaded the Behavior Designer package and then moved it to the "Plugins" folder (Assets/Plugins/Behavior Designer) and his package works just fine. If he leaves it in its default directory (Assets/Behavior Designer) he is met with many errors.

My package in my project is the exact opposite. When I leave the package in its default directory everything works fine with no errors but once I move the package to the Plugins folder, errors start to arise.

For what it's worth, the team member of mine is on a windows operating system, whereas I'm using a Mac.

Is this something we should worry about moving forward?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Mike

Just as a heads up Behavior Designer is in the Tools category so each of you should have your own license to Behavior Designer :)

With that said, this is likely related to assembly definitions. If you are using your own assembly definition make sure you reference the Behavior Designer assembly. The plugins folder has a special compiler order so I would not place it there.

Hi Justin,

Yes! Everyone on our project has their own seat for Behavior Designer.

As of right now, each member (to my knowledge) has their Behavior Designer Pack and Behavior Designer Movement Pack outside of the plugins folder and that works well. We are now experiencing a new issue.

What's happening is that every time I change my workspace (on PlasticSCM) to a branch that belongs to a different team member, the Behavior Designer Pack and Behavior Designer Movement Pack re-generate within the plugins folder. Oddly enough, both packs also still stay in the correct directory, as my teammate had it (just inside the assets folder).

As this puts my teammates and I into safe mode every time we switch branches for testing, this is becoming quite frustrating. Do you have an idea as to what's going on?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Mike

Thanks for respecting the license :)

the Behavior Designer Pack and Behavior Designer Movement Pack re-generate within the plugins folder.
Unfortunately I'm not sure what is going on there. Behavior Designer has no code that will move itself, and I haven't heard of this happening. Maybe it's another script within your project that is causing the problems?

Hi Justin,

After doing some further investigating I don't think this has anything to do with BD, or any other package that we have within our project (we have a few others aside from Behavior Designer). I think this is a Unity Version Control issue. I'm still pretty puzzled by it, but I believe I have found the solution.

Thanks for your help!