Astar PP RVO Controller and Ultimate Character Controller

Christ4673

How do i get this RVO controller to work with UCC? If i setup the character with the character manager it adds rigidbody and the locomotion script and it needs these to function, but if I remove these It won't work, in the Astar documentation it says some might want to use the RVO and "also" use a rigidbody or Character controller, this is precisely what I'm trying to do but it does not appear to work, how can I use your Controller and keep all functionality's but also have the RVO controller work? Could you at least point me in the right direction, and I will figure out the rest! Thanks for your time! Sorry for the long post.

Have you downloaded the Ultimate Character Controller / A* Pathfinding Project integration? In this it has an example (which I believe uses the RVO Controller). This page also explains how:

It does but if I'm not mistaken in your example the agent doesn't have a rigidbody and the locomotion script that gets added when you create a character with the character manager, I will double check however.

Does anybody have an example of using UCC with the RVO controler from Astar PP? Particularly with all the components added in from the character manager, id like to keep full functionality, just have the RVO controller kick in for the AI to avoid each other when needed.

In the A* scene I added the RVO Controller to the character and the agent moved to the target as expected.

Also when you say it move to the target, isn't the purpose of the RVO controller solely for dodging other AI? I thought this work in conjuction with Opsives own Character controller?

Ok i just pulled up the demo scene with the cube and Atlas walking around it, in UCC, Astar Integrations folder, i duplicated Atlas a few times, added the RVO controller to each, then added the RVO simulator to a game object in scene, also then turned off set destination on the Astar object as this was controlling atlas movement initially. I added the included astar script AI Set Destination to each Atlas...i tried it and they all walked around and never got stuck...tried it a second time with the RVO stuff turned off, they got stuck instantly, so it most certainly works! Thanks for all the help! I do think though that you should do something similar as i outlined above in the example demo going forward, just to show that it works!!