Any suggestions for formation pathing around other formations?

IEmperator

Hi to All!

I am writing here although it is not a Formation Pack issue but rather general unity navmesh navigation, but i hope that some of you has a suggestion. I was wondering if anyone figured out a way for a formation group to avoid another formation group while let say moving in opposite directions or one is just sitting in the way of another. Presently navigation agents try to avoid one another but as a whole the group doesn't consider each other as an obstacle. I was trying the navigation obstacle component placed on the group but that also affected the group members as well.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

This technique is called local avoidance. I've noticed that the local avoidance algorithm with the navmesh isn't that good but the A* Pathfinding Project does have a more robust algorithm.

This technique is called local avoidance. I've noticed that the local avoidance algorithm with the navmesh isn't that good but the A* Pathfinding Project does have a more robust algorithm.

Thanks, i do not have the paid version of A* yet the free version didn't seam to have avoidance. On another note i just noticed that i should be able to place obstacle component to guard the back of the group when they stopped moving, i might experiment with that if i cannot find something else or till get A*.