Adding New Weapon Items

Hmm.. so to recap, if you remove MeleeSlash2 and MeleeSlash3 from the Use Animator Audio State Set then Nolan will get stuck after continuously attacking with the sword?

In the demo scene it just has two animator audio states with values of 2 and 3. If you remove the second one then it has issues.

Ah, in that case deselect "Allow Attack Combos". The current animator isn't setup for it but you could have a combo with a single animation which is why that checkbox stays selected. Maybe I'll have that state be deselected by default if you only have one animation state to prevent this confusion.

@magique

I think that if you change the Stop Use Ability Delay to a smaller value this will resolve your issue.

@Justin I just created a melee weapon and this was happening to me. The inital value is set to 1 so if you click on the left mouse button twice within that time frame it completely disabled the attack motion. It would make sense the the attack motion was disabled for the 1 second time period but having it completely disable the motion is a bit perplexing. Is this intentional?

Thanks, and no rush to respond. hope you're getting some rest.
Nathan

Attachments

• UseDelay.PNG
    UseDelay.PNG
    22 KB · Views: 8
I just created a melee weapon and this was happening to me. The inital value is set to 1 so if you click on the left mouse button twice within that time frame it completely disabled the attack motion. It would make sense the the attack motion was disabled for the 1 second time period but having it completely disable the motion is a bit perplexing. Is this intentional?
Does the sword get stuck in the demo scene if you increase the use rate to 1 and click multiple times within that time period? It's not intentional that the sword gets stuck in that circumstance. I just tried to get it stuck by adjusting the use rate but wasn't able to.

What I think is happening is that you are using animations that are setup for multiple combos but have only a single use animator state set (the default). This will get the animations stuck.

Thanks, and no rush to respond. hope you're getting some rest.
:) Thanks! If I don't respond now I'll forget. Hopefully you're enjoying the holidays!

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I'll look into that and I'll post a response when I finally get to it ;)

Gonna take a while to get my head around everything but I have to say that I am absolutely loving this whole ecosystem you've assembled.

Seems like I figured out your issue @nathanj i was able to get a new weapon added to the demo scene by doing the following:

If using the demo scene
  • In the Item Component
    • Set the Animator Item ID to 22
    • Set the Animator Movement ID to 1
    • Add the appropriate states (the default for UCC is DeathItemPreset, FirstPersonSwordPreset, and Default)
  • In the Melee Weapon Component
    • Set the ID to 0
    • Set the Aim Item Substate Index to 100
  • In the First Person Melee Weapon Properties Component
    • Set the Action ID to 0
  • In the Third Person Melee Weapon Properties Component
    • Set the Action ID to 0

My issue is that when I create a new item collection and try to set Nolan up with an entirely new weapon set, the weapon is not equipped. Looking at the Inventory Component. The weapon I add shows up in the inventory, but does not highlight, even though it's the only weapon in the loadout.

--Edit--

I seem to have fixed the issue by removing and re-adding the item collection value from the item set manager component.

Last edited: