Add Custom Inventory to UCC

Viktor

Hello :) So, my goal for now is creating custom inventory for the character, visual part of the inventory, to be clear :)

And I have some QuickSlotPanel, so I want to add possibility equip some weapon, only, if this item inside of this panel.

Questions:
1) How can I disable equipment ability from the start manually, and only enable in appropriate cases?
2) How can I equip some item from the inventory manually ?

Attachments

• Знімок екрана 2024-03-06 184754 (1).png
    Знімок екрана 2024-03-06 184754 (1).png
    256.7 KB · Views: 5
Thank you. Is there any ability to Pickup Items by Raycast ? Because, when I choose this option, character doesn't pickup items at all. 1709994090756.png

Last edited:
And I still need to figure out, how to equip assault rifle, depends on appropriate slot (1,2,3,4,5), because, now it equips only in case, when I press 2. 1710035278717.png

Thank you. Is there any ability to Pickup Items by Raycast ? Because, when I choose this option, character doesn't pickup items at all. View attachment 12417
The raycast option works, but it's the most sensitive. My guess is that one of your offsets is off.

Is it correct Item Pickup implementation ?
That looks correct.

And I still need to figure out, how to equip assault rifle, depends on appropriate slot (1,2,3,4,5), because, now it equips only in case, when I press 2.
The EquipUnequip ability index uses the Item Set Manager element index to determine which item to equip. Your assault rifle must be the element with an index value of 2 within the Item Set Manager.

But sorry, where exactly can I change index value of an item ?
You can't change the index at runtime. The index is based off of the pickup order within the Item Set Manager. You can either list all items within the Item Set Rule so they are a defined order, or create a new ability that searches the Item Set Manager and equips based on the dynamic order.

Okay, but can I just get the list of appropriate indices relative to items ? AssaultRifle has an index 1, for example, but what about others.

The item ID is different from the Item Set Manager index. The assault rifle has an ID of 1, but its index is based on the pickup order if you don't manually specify the elements within the Item Set Rules. I did a video on Item Set Rules and I recommend that you watch that if you have not already seen it.

Okay, get it, thanks. But how can I get appropriate itemSetIndex from the ItemSetManager ? 1710174873365.png

Last edited:
The only thing, that I noticed, sometimes, when I equip item, it shows in the wrong position. Any ideas why ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    502.9 KB · Views: 1
Glad you got it working. My guess with the item being in the wrong position is that item is still equipping or that the position offset is set too low.