About Nolan's layer going from 'Blank' to 'Character' automatically

chris73it

Hi,

I am new around here.

In https://opsive.com/videos/project-scene-setup/?pid=923 the video shows Nolan's layer going from 'blank' to 'Character' after pressing the "Update Layers" button in the Setup->Project section, but I see two differences in my case:
1. After dragging Nolan's prefab from Opsive->UltimateCharacterController->Demo->Models->Characters the layer says 'Default' instead than being blank.
2. After pressing the "Update Layers" button, Nolan's layer does not automatically change to Character.

Question#1: Is the above expected as of Unity 2019.2 and UCC 2.1.8?

Question#2: Am I expected to manually change Nolan's layer to Character? if so, when Unity asks whether it should be only Nolan or all of its children, what am I supposed to answer?

Thank you, Chris

Last edited:
UPDATE: I repeated everything from scratch (including the fact that I manually removed all added layers, i.e. the ones with a high index number) and it worked: I did place Nolan in the scene BEFORE spawning the Main Manager, and I immediately noticed that the Layer was blank like in the video, then after pressing the button to add the Layers and pressing play, Nolan's Layer changed to Character.

Last edited: