3 FPS hands when duel wielding pistols?

plourdy

I'm very new to using this asset, although I followed the beginning steps of creating inputs and layers using the setup for this asset.

When I pick up a 2nd pistol in the test scene, I have a third hand that pops up.... Anyone know what I did wrong? I assume there is some simple mistake.
UFPS_ animationbug _dualPistols.JPG

Are you able to tell me how to reproduce that? I have been trying to track this one down for awhile.

Are you able to tell me how to reproduce that? I have been trying to track this one down for awhile.
Of course.

1. Using Unity 2019.4.11f1, create an Empty 3D Unity Project
  2. Using the package manager, Import the UFPS files into the project
  3. When UFPS setup window appears, navigate to Setup>Project and click the "Update Buttons" and "Update Layers" buttons.
  4. Load the example UFPS scene.
  5. Bake lighting (optional)
  6. Enter Play mode, run through the example scene to the dual pistols in the weapons test room
  7. Pick up the pistols. The second pistol will update the UI arms to both be active, thus having 3 hands.

This is what i saw when using Q&E to toggle weapons between 1 and 2 pistols - the gameplay is paused immediately i toggle and i advance frame by frame... maybe this is intended activity, but it looks very odd. It has never stayed with 3 hands for me, but 3 hands is an always present feature of the equip change and for some reason maybe the 3rd hands sometimes remains? even in current state, there is an unsightly hand between equip states...I bleieve this is all the latest version in Unity 2020.3.12f1:

Of course.

1. Using Unity 2019.4.11f1, create an Empty 3D Unity Project
  2. Using the package manager, Import the UFPS files into the project
  3. When UFPS setup window appears, navigate to Setup>Project and click the "Update Buttons" and "Update Layers" buttons.
  4. Load the example UFPS scene.
  5. Bake lighting (optional)
  6. Enter Play mode, run through the example scene to the dual pistols in the weapons test room
  7. Pick up the pistols. The second pistol will update the UI arms to both be active, thus having 3 hands.
Does it always show a third hand for you in that situation? And the third hand persists? Following the steps by @DankP3 I am able to briefly see it but it goes away momentarily.

This is what i saw when using Q&E to toggle weapons between 1 and 2 pistols - the gameplay is paused immediately i toggle and i advance frame by frame... maybe this is intended activity, but it looks very odd. It has never stayed with 3 hands for me, but 3 hands is an always present feature of the equip change and for some reason maybe the 3rd hands sometimes remains? even in current state, there is an unsightly hand between equip states...I bleieve this is all the latest version in Unity 2020.3.12f1:

Thanks, I was briefly able to see it like you listed. I'll get it fixed and if it's a quick fix post the results here.

Does it always show a third hand for you in that situation? And the third hand persists? Following the steps by @DankP3 I am able to briefly see it but it goes away momentarily.

Thanks, I was briefly able to see it like you listed. I'll get it fixed and if it's a quick fix post the results here.
The hand persists while the dual pistols are equipped. The third hand also animates, as if it is pulling a trigger.

When I switch to a different weapon, the third arm disappears and things return to normal. If is switch weapons back to the dual pistols, the issue persists and the third arm appears .