2.5D/2D Quick set up

Silver100

This would be ideal for a platform or 2.5d fighting game set up;

Assuming you already have you character and camera set up and moving correctly;

Disable vertical inputs in input manager wont need these you can do this by just deleting the fields in the 2 vertical inputs
must delete both of these. This will give you a basic left to right and Jump 2.5D/2D set up. ( **If needed You can always recover these settings Project settings input manager click 3 dots top right then go to tools, Opsive, tools, main manager Update Buttons**)

Then on the player locomotion script component in the inspector;

Select 3rd person pseudo 3d
Allow depth movement (tick)
look in move direction (tick) we want the head to stay still and not look towards the screen when moving left or right (clamp head on IK script set value to 1)

Rotate the player -90 (or relative to facing right) on the Y Axis. This will ensure when you press play the player is facing right & ready to walk/run right direction

Then on the camera;

Select 3rd person pseudo 3d
Drag in character
Anchor can leave blank

When you press play you should be moving left right only, head locked left or right with just left stick controlling this movement.

Last edited:
Suggestion; If you use the Move Towards API found in Opsive documents and set up the X,Y,Z public fields accordingly, that would work very well with this set up. I.e auto running 2D mobile game.

Thank you for creating this and the Top Down topic. I may need to create a tutorials board.

Thanks not technically a mod though.Yes a community tutorials board with Opsive users exchanging knowdege, I'm sure would be very popular.