Recent content by wuche

1. W

How to handle Character Physics and IK with dynamically scaled world (character, platforms, etc)

@Cheo was kind enough to test this out also on their end, and confirmed the Character IK issue when scaling: "It's exactly as you said, both when scaling the child model down or the root object. It also seems that changing Override Foot IK Weight does nothing. "
  2. W

How to handle Character Physics and IK with dynamically scaled world (character, platforms, etc)

I am prototyping a scene where the game world and the character is parented to a root transform, and that root transform that can be dynamically rescaled during runtime. While testing this out, I am running into two issues so far: Character Physics: With Physics, I noticed that physics seem...
  3. W

Large Moving Platform and Dynamic Gravity Issues: Character won't stay grounded

Ah, I think the Align to Ground character ability is leading me to the right direction. Will experiment some more with it and confirm once I hopefully get it working!
  4. W

Large Moving Platform and Dynamic Gravity Issues: Character won't stay grounded

I am building a game where instead of the camera following the character, instead the entire game world moves, rotates, and scales to achieve a certain perspective viewing a target origin transform. Because of this, the game world and the character should be able to operate in a hierarchy where...
  5. W

Good job but, performance killer.

Has anyone tried doing all of these suggested performance improvements and running 5-10 AI simultaneously for an Android app, specifically for Oculus Quest? My planned AI behavior tree is fairly simple, just Seek a destination, and play walk/death animations.
  6. W

Changing default walk animation during run time to something else (like a limp)

Hi, I have a two part question. I want my current behavior agents (using your Third Party Controller) are using the default walking animation whenever they walk around the map via Seek. I want them to change their walk animation to a limp instead during runtime whenever their health (my own...
  7. W

AI Agent falls through floor collider during aerial animation

Sorry, was really busy this week. Will try to recreate these steps in more detail when I get a chance. For now, my bandaid is to avoid any animations that trigger this unwanted behavior.
  8. W

1. Download Mixamo animation. 1B. Configure Mixamo animation for Humanoid, and also bake into pose Root Transform Rotation based upon Body Orientation and also bake into pose Root Transform Position (Y) based upon Original, Apply to Animation. 2. Create New Character Manager 3. Create Ability...
  9. W

After making the boss's additional colliders to Character instead of Sub-character, the boss no longer sinks through the floor during those animations, but instead makes the character really "Bouncy" when hitting the floor collider, as if it's doing the worm on the floor in a really unnatural...
  10. W

Also worth noting both the Death Animation and the Ground Slam animation are both from Mixamo
  11. W

Mixamo/Fuse characters fall though the floor

I'm running this issue with various Mixamo animations. I've enabled "Enforce T-Pose" on the Avatar's configuration as you stated, but it did not work unfortunately. Any ideas?
  12. W

Hi, I have an animation from Mixamo that has the AI Agent jump up and then slam the ground. It was working properly before, but I decided to remake the AI Agent using a higher scale model. Ever since then, when it performs the ground stomp, when it hits the ground the entire AI Agent just falls...
  13. W

FPS Drop when Enabling AI Agent GameObject

Gotcha, thanks for the replies. I opted for a simplistic bandaid where I have the BD AI Agent pre-enabled before runtime and then have it disabled after the managers initialize (0.1f after Start seems to work just fine).
  14. W

FPS Drop when Enabling AI Agent GameObject

I'm not sure what you mean by the deserialization method but the first time I'm enabling a BD AI Agent during runtime, I imagine the initialization of the managers and the framework in general is causing a brief lag spike. I'm going to try enabling the first AI agent at the beginning of runtime...