Recent content by wrymen

1. wrymen

Null Variables in Code

Hello all, correct me if Im doing something wrong, but I am debugging this for hours and cannot get this working. I want to set external behavior tree asset to BehaviorTree via code. Then after set, I want to retrieve the variables from the tree via GetVariable() APIThe issue us, after I set...
  2. wrymen

How to solve this issue? Too Many Trees

Hmm, yes, but the issues are: - you don't know in advance how big your trees will be after expanded in runtime - and even when expanding, its then impossible to connect nodes, as they are extremly small and too far away Maybe there is a trick for that? I know there won't be any heavy updates...
  3. wrymen

How to solve this issue? Too Many Trees

When in editor, the I can cleanup the nested tree fine, however when in runtime, its just a nightmare to debug and see whats what, only option is to collapse the top trees, but then it resets next time I start or I select different AI, so its not very usable. Any ideas?
  4. wrymen

What is the state of this asset?

Thank you for this info, did not know the progress is already shared, I'll watch it closely.
  5. wrymen

What is the state of this asset?

What is the state of this asset? As it seems it has not gotten any significant upgrade for years, basic QOL functionality like grouping nodes is still missing after years of requests. Don't get me wrong, we are using it in our project, as its reliable, mostly bug free, but the lack of updates...
  6. wrymen

[Bug] BehaviorManager - ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.

The game is in production on steam, so currently its not possible. I can however try to enable script debugging for next build and hope we catch it during that. I am just feat the script debugging may affect the performance a bit.
  7. wrymen

Huge lag spikes from BehaviorManager

We are receiving huge lag spikes every frame, that drops FPS to 5, due to some issue originating from behavior manager. The number of AI we spawn when this starts to happen is maybe 13, so very small. Please note this is not single frame spike, this is every frame from the point they spawn...
  8. wrymen

[Bug] BehaviorManager - ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.

We are getting error reports from built steam game (we send this from game to our internal report system when any error is thrown in unity) that BehaviorManager has gotten error, no idea why or how to reproduce it, since as I said, it did not happen to me, but there are several errors received...
  9. wrymen

[Request] Grouping Variables

Will it break compatibility with the current version? (Not requesting that it should not, just want to know regarding future planning of our project) Also, I have came across this other behavior trees: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/behavior-ai/ai-tree-229578 They are quite nice...
  10. wrymen

[Request] Grouping Variables

any news, features or timeplan we can read about this version 2?
  11. wrymen

[Feature] Node Groups

Any updates on this? :)
  12. wrymen

What am I doing wrong? Priority task not executing

hmm, but the first task that returns false (is far from spawn point) does not have this re-evaluation icon, only the 2 tasks you mentioned, why is that? Because then it seems like its not being evaluated.
  13. wrymen

What am I doing wrong? Priority task not executing

As you can see, the left side with high priority is not being evaluated every frame, I have no idea why, I tried combinations of Both, Lower priority or Self to no avail:
  14. wrymen

[Feature] Node Groups

Any ETA on this feature?
  15. wrymen

Darfall - Survival Building RPG

And there is also a devblog from the game showing the Behavior Designer in action for Darfall https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1961600/view/3323118112716824829?l=english