Recent content by TryHarder

1. T

Hang Ability

UPDATE Ok so by altering the offsets in 'Hang' I can get him to pull up, but then he just keeps pulling up that is the animation runs on and doesnt stopand he gets higher and higher. So clearly the offsets are what I need to tweak, I guess the two things left for me to understand are:- 1. How...
  2. T

Hang Ability

Ok so update.................... by adjusting the 'Ability start location' offsets I can now make sure my character climbs down ok, but now if he is backwards in 3P combat mode he ends up walking backwards off the ledge and keeps on walking backwards and I can't do anything to stop him...
  3. T

Hang Ability

Hello Justin, thank you for the reply, So two hours later and I'm nearly there, I've started again three times but I'm pleased I understand more than I did when I started ! 'Ability start location' can now be left on the curved ledge but....... If I approach the curved ledge looking towards...
  4. T

Hang Ability

Hello, In the hang ability I have two problems one is my Character wont transition to hang if i use 'Ability Start Location' it just sits hung and I can't do anything, any pointers greatly received. Secondly if I don't use 'Ability Start Location' then the character hangs but he moves at 90...
  5. T

[Feature Request] Two-handed weapon IK option for 'support hand'

Ok, just scroll up this thread to just before your first post that's the answer to the reload issue, and as for adding and switching weapons that's well covered in the excellent documentation and or videos on this site, if you have added one weapon then the rest is easy.
  6. T

Not sure there is a tutorial, but if you follow the instructions it should work. 1. Create an empty child object of you gun, call it IK_hand or whatever you want, and position it where you want the left hand to be. 2. Pop that in the Non Dominant Hand IK Target field on the Third Person...
  7. T

Hello for IK follow the instructions here:- https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/items/perspective/third-person/ and the firing audio clip(s) is set on the Shootable Weapon script USE --- Animator Audio --- Audio Clips
  8. T

Character Locomotion, ahhhhhghghgh how did I miss that. All makes obvious sense now, :) Thank you.
  9. T

Hello, ok so I'm feeling really stupid, can you tell me where I'm going wrong...... so on the item which in my case is myRifle, there is the ShootableWeapon script and in that there is a section Reload with 'States' but I can't add my CharacterIK preset there as I get :- Error: Unable to add...
  10. T

Thank you DankP3 I’ll try that when a get a minute, I appreciate your reply.
  11. T

Hello, I have this problem too, hand weight 0 fixes it but I can't get the state to work, I went to 'States' in the CharacterIK script, and created a new preset Hand Weight = 0, but now I'm not sure how to get that to work when Reload is active. I watched your state tutorial but still the Hand...
  12. T

Setting up a new Character with both perspectives

Found it in the docs https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/character/abilities/item-abilities/aim/ I see why 1P is aimed now, and understand it.
  13. T

I'm thinking its connected to aim, so its like 1P is 'aimed' permanently. in 3P when I right click the fists are raised, in 1P the fists are raised when the camera switches and right click does nothing I can't un zoom in 1P
  14. T

One last question, as its all working perfectly now, when I am in 3P the hands are by the sides of the Character and come up as you punch, when I go to 1P the hands are already up ready to punch I really wanted them down by the characters sides as in 3P view. Any clue to where I've gone wrong on...
  15. T

Got it !!!! all working as I typed the above I'm thinking .... I did use my animator right ? Nope I had it set to 1P arms demo arrrhghrghrggg anyway all working now :) 1.5 days but worth it !!! thank you for your help !