Recent content by TommysTonsils

1. TommysTonsils

Trouble adding first-person arms to UFPS controller

Thanks Justin, as it turned out the animation controller wasn't the issue at all, I was getting tunnel vision; it turned out the controller/rig were all set up correctly, I just had the wrong combination of equip/unequip/cycle abilities set up on my character, so the weapons weren't equipping...
  2. TommysTonsils

Trouble adding first-person arms to UFPS controller

Hi! I'm trying to add a previously created set of viewmodel arms (already rigged+animated for Unity's "generic" setting) and I'm just having some trouble getting them to appear on a UFPS controller. Specifically, I've followed each step of this video very closely, adding the arms in my character...
  3. TommysTonsils

Attempting to create Quake-style jumping w/ air control

Yep, keeping Previous Acceleration set to 1 (which I think is the default anyhow) allows my previous move speed to carry into a jump; the problem I'm having is that adjusting Airborne Acceleration/Dampening overrides that previous acceleration value and essentially clamps it; My Airborne...
  4. TommysTonsils

Attempting to create Quake-style jumping w/ air control

Hi! I've been learning the first-person character controller the last few days, and have been mostly able to tweak everything to my liking with the included fields. The only thing I'm struggling to configure is the jump physics: specifically, getting it so that the character's velocity is...