Trouble adding first-person arms to UFPS controller

TommysTonsils

Hi! I'm trying to add a previously created set of viewmodel arms (already rigged+animated for Unity's "generic" setting) and I'm just having some trouble getting them to appear on a UFPS controller. Specifically, I've followed each step of this video very closely, adding the arms in my character build settings, and creating a basic gun for them to spawn with:

...And everything seems to work properly until the point (around 9:17 in the video) where the weapon is parented to the arms and they're meant to show up in-game. My weapon is parented as intended, but on my end the arms simply disappear at runtime and I'm not sure what I'm missing. I'm sure some small, important step is the culprit, I just can't figure out what it is. Is there some very specific configuration of the Item IDs/Animator IDs that needs to be exactly right for the player to produce first-person objects? Thanks in advance!

Does the inventory component say that the weapons are equipped? Are you using the demo assets or your own? If you are using your own arms you'll need to have animations that match the rig:

Thanks Justin, as it turned out the animation controller wasn't the issue at all, I was getting tunnel vision; it turned out the controller/rig were all set up correctly, I just had the wrong combination of equip/unequip/cycle abilities set up on my character, so the weapons weren't equipping correctly. Your reply helped spur my process of elimination to figure that out. It's working now! :)