Recent content by timfrench

1. T

Multiple throwable Items (4 in total)

I have 4 grenade types - Molotov, nail bomb, pipe bomb and grenade. I've created a weapon Wheel (Image attached) that allows the player to select various items including the 4 throwable's. I have the Grenade working as per the Nolan example. However I'm a little stumped going forward. I...
  2. T

Get/Set field for HolsterTarget and a few requests

Firstly, as I need to be able to relocate various weapon on the character from time to time, I added the following to the ThirdPersonPerspectiveItem script. [NonSerialized] public Transform HolsertTarget { get { return m_HolsterTarget; } set { m_HolsterTarget = value; } } I was hoping you...
  3. T

Using multiple scopes on single weapon. Need to adjust the camera FOV based on scope type

Okay, created two test states, aimScope1 and aim Scope2 with two different FOV values. Registered to the OnCameraZoom and check that the current weapon Item is active. I then set the appropriate state active during the aim and inactive after. Works as I had hoped. Thanks for linking me back...
  4. T

Using multiple scopes on single weapon. Need to adjust the camera FOV based on scope type

As with most shooter games, the sniper weapons I'm using (3 in total), each can have up to 3 different types of scopes during game play. I have no problem getting all this setup. I have all of the different UI scope screens available and can switch to the appropriate one based on the scope...
  5. T

Small issue with non-dominant hand not releasing on Reload after Equip, Equip Next, Equip Prev.

Okay, your reference to Ability focused me over to the list of abilities. I'd covered everything but somehow failed to all "Reload" state in the Reload ability!!!!!
  6. T

Small issue with non-dominant hand not releasing on Reload after Equip, Equip Next, Equip Prev.

I'm using IK for the non-dominant hand, and on each weapon script I've added the State "Reload" in the reload area. The IK has a Reload state to set the hand weight to 0. Each time I change a weapon and fire, the first time I use reload, the hand does not release. Once reload performs the...
  7. T

Changing weapon shoot audio clip when attaching silencer

Okay, after a little more digging I've got it. ShootableWeapon.UseAnimatorAudioStateSet.State[0].AudioClipSet.AudioClips[0] = new audioClip; It was the State level requirement that tripped me up. All is well again. Thanks Justin.
  8. T

Okay, your first reply was correct. I do need to gain access to the audioClip in the UseAnimatorAudioStateSet however the AudioClipSet is not exposed by the UseAnimatorAudioStateSet. I see that the AnimatorAudioStateSet script has a public AudioClipSet, but I must be accessing the wrong link...
  9. T

I can access the UseAnimatorAudioStateSet from the ShootableWeapon script, but it does not have access to the AudioClipSet. The audioClip I'm trying to change is the ChargeAudioClipSet. At this point the script I'm using is only doing an initialization of the fields at startup. I wait 2...
  10. T

As part of my weapon setup the player can attach or detach a silencer t. I've accessed the Shootable Weapon script and can access "ChargeAudioClipSet" but I'm failing to be able to replace the existing shoot audio clip with a silenced audio clip when the silencer is activated. I created two...
  11. T

Apply damage with Kick

Turns out I didn't need to create a Kick ability. Although I was causing the kick, I never actually caused it to trigger a USE state, so naturally no damage was occurring. I now changed this by adding a lower body layer with a lower body mask. I added a kick sub-state using the kick...
  12. T

Apply damage with Kick

I wanted my character to be able to kick at anytime, armed or not. So I created a Kick ability with "k" on the keyboard. That works well. I added to my assault rifle as Melee weapon ID 2 (Already had the weapon "butt" melee added). The left leg Hitbox is registered to apply the damage. I...
  13. T

Weapons will not unequip during agility action

Sorry. I've gone over every part of the setup. Matched everything in the Nolan demo for agility. I can hang not issue, but the player will not unequip before starting hang. I've added the immediate unequip state in Hang. Even added an Hang state in unequip to immediately unequip. No...
  14. T

Third Person Weapon - non Dominant Hand IK - reload and weapon switch issues

I knew there was a simple solution...Up and running. Thanks