Recent content by Temmy

1. Temmy

Mixamo & First Person Arms Animations

Hey, This isn't a question specifically about UCC, but I thought someone here might be able to shed some light on the topic (and you'll have to excuse my lack of experience with this!) If I wanted to just have a first person arms object, is there any way I can take a Mixamo animation and just...
  2. Temmy

First Person Arms & Crawling

Thanks @Justin. I'm enjoying learning how this all works.
  3. Temmy

Connected question - above is the crawl ability from Nolan in the agility demo. How does the controller know to turn off the 'first person arms' when this ability starts?
  4. Temmy

Hello, In the agility demo, there is a crawl mechanic. If you play this in first person, when the character crawls the arms that can be seen belong to the overall character body which is animating. Then when you finish crawling, the 'first person arms' snap back in for weapon holding...
  5. Temmy

Trying to make a first person character throw a ball

That would make sense to me as well. Either way I'll mark this whole thread resolved bud.
  6. Temmy

Throwable Item Guide

Ha, I've just been on this very journey only figuring out the need for a trajectory component last night. I wish I'd found this post last week!
  7. Temmy

Inventory Amount - Infinite item

Thanks, and good to know that's getting an update.
  8. Temmy

To be clear though, as far as I can tell, when dealing with ThrowableItem the prefab to be instantiated must have a trajectory component, otherwise ThrowableItem will error as mentioned above. So technically you do need specific components to get ThrowableItem working.
  9. Temmy

Hey Andrew. I previously followed the Grenade Item Setup video you linked, and at 2:15 it shows creating a throwable via the Object Manager - which is why I did it. So should I not be doing that?
  10. Temmy

I think I've found a sort of solution for now. It seems every throwable object must have a trajectory component, otherwise you hit this error in ThrowableItem.cs: When an object has a grenade or shell component on it, it seems to pass this check. For now it seems I can remove the Grenade...
  11. Temmy

Re #2, I'm confused here. When you create a grenade object (via the object manager), it creates a prefab which is the object which will be thrown. It is generated with a Grenade (not GrenadeItem) component. I can't swap this for a ThrowableItem component, because ThrowableItem requires a game...
  12. Temmy

Sorry Andrew I don't follow. Could you post up a screenshot of the thing you're referring to?
  13. Temmy

Making progress! With the help of doing some item tutorials you can see I've pretty much got working what I wanted to achieve which is awesome. Slowly everything is starting to make more sense. I've run into a couple of questions though: 1) If I spam left mouse button while throwing...
  14. Temmy

Oh! Perhaps you meant the Item Use Ability on the player gameobject. Had a look there as well but couldn't spot anything that would reduce the amount.
  15. Temmy

Sorry I'm still new to all of this so I don't know what the Use Ability is? I've combed through the item's settings but couldn't spot anything to do with preventing it consuming.