Recent content by tatmanblue

1. tatmanblue

Copying Character from one scene

I think it was something with the camera. On the Character Manager screen I clicked "setup camera" on the scene setup tab. Now it works. Unfortunately I do not know what to tell you other than that.
  2. tatmanblue

I tried both: save character as prefab and drop into new scene; and copy (ctrl+c) from the source scene and paste into the destination scene. There is active "Ultimate Character Locomotion" and "Ultimate Character Locomotion Handler" scripts active. I'm not sure about input component--nothing...
  3. tatmanblue

I copied a character from one scene to another. In the source scene, the character works (aka I can walk around in my world). In the destination scene, I added the game manager through the opsive main manager screen and then I copied the character. It does not work--meaning I am unable to...
  4. tatmanblue

Support for unity 2021.03 LTS

yeah. thnx. Opsive works in 2021. Thats what I needed to know. I am closing this thread.
  5. tatmanblue

No errors in the console. My avatar just didn't move. I believe I must have done something wrong. I have another project using opsive and uma, which I just upgraded to 2021 LTS and it all works ok.
  6. tatmanblue

Unity just announced 2021.03 LTS. So I started a project, added opsive controller, followed directions on website etc....and the character doesn't move. Does this mean it doesn't work yet in 2021?
  7. tatmanblue

error starting scene

mmmm. I am going to mark this as closed or something. I haven't been able to recreate the problem. It was likely something I did and if I can figure it out and need help, I will repost.
  8. tatmanblue

error starting scene

I dont need inventory. Is it possible to "disable" it?
  9. tatmanblue

understanding how I detect collisions with the character controller

I marked this as solved. I changed the collider to IsTrigger and am handling the OnTriggerEnter. Thank you.
  10. tatmanblue

error starting scene

btw if I delete the UMA game object, go through the opsive character manager setup, it works again. I followed the UMA integration instructions online. I created my UMA in a separate project. Saved the character as a gameobject and imported that into a new project (after installing opsive...
  11. tatmanblue

ok. That makes sense. Once I can figure out what happened to character controller since reopening the project, I will try.....
  12. tatmanblue

error starting scene

I opened my project this morning, starting to run the scene in unity. I am getting this error: I am not sure how to diagnosis this error. I did have the problem yesterday. If that makes any different. I'm sure its something I've done and do not understand what.....
  13. tatmanblue

Do I put the OnTriggerEnter on the UMA character or the other gameobject? or does it matter? The other collider does not have rigid body attached. do I need that as well?
  14. tatmanblue

I'm trying to understand how I detect collisions with the character controller. (my character is UMA and that may make a difference since it looks like UMA attaches rigid body). I read something about character manager but it didn't seem to answer how to detect collisions. Can someone point...