Recent content by stove

1. S

PuppetMaster and Fall abilities conflicting

Hi justin, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I actually want the fall ability to function here, so that the sounds and effects play properly even while in puppet mode. I've been trying both the OnCharacterGrounded and OnCharacterLand events and neither are firing properly when the character...
  2. S

PuppetMaster and Fall abilities conflicting

hi, I'm working on a platforming mechanic that involves the player basically rocket jumping. This means they can be knocked down while in midair, and I've used PuppetMaster to set this up. Everything is working well except for one thing: when the character lands after entering the puppet...
  3. S

DoublePress timing

thanks, Justin! I really appreciate that :)
  4. S

DoublePress timing

anyone here using DoublePress to do things like dash etc.? I have it working fine but I'd like to play with the delay between presses (I find it a bit short). Has anyone done this without modifying opsive code?
  5. S

Debugging attack timings, and OnActiveAttack events

thanks, both. Sangemdoko, are the attack events in my second image the correct ones? "OnActiveAttackStart" and "OnActiveAttackComplete"? Because when I check 'wait for animation events' and use these events (basically between the two Use events), the attack never activates. The only way I can...
  6. S

Debugging attack timings, and OnActiveAttack events

hi, wondering if anyone might be able to help me debug attack timings for a melee weapon. I have a sword whose attack correctly activates (the debug colliders turn red) if I place OnAnimatorItemUse events for each of my attack animations. However, this gets extremely glitchy if I set the 'use...
  7. S

Question about the division of animations in the demo animator ('recoil' animations etc.)

Hi everyone, I've been working on creating my own animations and UCC-friendly animator. I've mostly gotten things set up and working on the animator side of things, but I'm realizing I have some bigger picture questions about why the demo animations are set up the way they are. Specifically...
  8. S

Third person items visible in first person perspective

Ah I figured it out: somehow my third person item was missing a 'third person object' script. No clue how that happened as I used the opsive wizards, but anyway I'll leave this here just in case :)
  9. S

Third person items visible in first person perspective

Hi, I first bought UFPS and then added the third person controller. Everything seems OK, but I can't seem to get my third person item to go invisible when I swap perspectives. My understanding from the docs and demo scene is that properly switching items to invisible on perspective changes...