Recent content by Quasimodem

1. Q

Setting Default NodeData Properties... OnReset?

Hello, I'm doing some QOL improvements before we jump into our next project and I'm trying to make life a bit easier to work with the sheer number of Behavior Designer trees we create. One huge improvement would be the ability to automatically set a Node's color (among other things) when it's...
  2. Q

OnApplicationExit Order

Shortly after my post I think I've found a solution in subclassing BehaviorManager with a new class and implementing my own empty OnApplicationExit. This seems to prevent the base class call from happening. Thank you for not sealing BehaviorManager!
  3. Q

OnApplicationExit Order

Hello, I'm struggling with a very tough bug on our project that has to do with Unity's ordering of OnApplicationExit(), which unfortunately seems to be completely random! The main problem is that the BehaviorManager implements this method, which in turn disables a destroys and disables... some...
  4. Q

EnableBehavior Allocation

Hey Justin, thanks for the reply. Some further profiling today has lead me to believe it's not the EnableBehavior() call that's allocating, but something in the Restart logic. If I create a simple behavior with RestartWhenComplete = true, I see small allocations every time my behavior...
  5. Q

EnableBehavior Allocation

Hello, I have seen this question posed a few times on the forums but still haven't found the proper resolution. I'm looking for an alloc-free way of Enabling/Disabling my BehaviorTrees. Each of my BehaviorTrees has its own ExternalBehavior, which has been instantiated and Init()ed up front...
  6. Q

Xbox Task Executions Per Tick

After much trial-and-error, I think I've figured out the problem. Apparently I needed to just touch BehaviorManager.instance somewhere early in my application's startup, before any BehaviorTrees need to tick. If my first usage of BehaviorManger.instance is BehaviorManager.instance.Tick(tree)...
  7. Q

No, I haven't been able to repro in the editor, or in a smaller test project running on the Xbox. It seems to only occur if the BehaviorTree returns failure. Scratch that, it seems to occur regardless of success of failure. Is it possible something changed between 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 related to...
  8. Q

Hello, I'm currently in the middle of getting BehaviorDesigner running on the Xbox One. I have my BehaviorManager set to Manual update (with a Max Execution Count of 1000) so I can have explicit control over the update order. For the most part, things are working correctly, however, any...
  9. Q

Null vs IsNone?

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to property "null check" a SharedVariable. There seem to be 3 options: Null-check the variable itself Null-check the variable's Value property Check the IsNone property of the variable The answer seems to depend on whether the variable has...
  10. Q

[BUG] Serialized fields becoming unhooked

Glad to know others are seeing it too. Seems extremely fundamental! Thanks for the update -
  11. Q

Sorry about that! Was thinking it was a private forum. Hopefully Unity's able to provide some insight, otherwise it might be back to 2017 for us. It's a pretty serious show-stopper...
  12. Q

Hey Justin, thanks for the reply. I was able to repro the problem with a new project There's an external tree with a custom TestAction class that takes a reference to a TestComponent which should be pointing to the TestPrefab prefab. Life is good until you take TestPrefab into prefab edit...
  13. Q

Hello, I've recently updated my project to Unity 2018.3 and Behavior Designer 1.6.1. Most things seem to be working smoothly, however I'm seeing some worrying behavior with serialized fields within my tasks becoming unhooked after editing the prefab they refer to. For example, I have a custom...