Recent content by mmaclaurin

1. M

Disabling a Character Controller

I have a vehicle mode and a walking mode in my game. I want to be able to switch between them. I've got a central game object which turns off and hides either the vehicle or the walking character. Unfortunately, I haven't found an easy way to switch off a character controller. IK and Movement...
  2. M

Setup error handling improvements

So I restarted the whole process using a much cleaner avatar source and everything worked pretty painlessly. A few quick thoughts: - would be good to know which steps are mandatory. I saw "camera setup" button but thought it was optional, not mandatory. - a "validate" button that checked that...
  3. M

This is a pretty bad UI. You're showing this to a new user who is just installing. You don't explain what any of this means. a) Of course I have some custom layers. Every game does. Does this mean I should or shouldn't do this? b) if I'm using custom layers I can say no? So why are we doing...
  4. M

Getting this error after filling out everything I could find in the setup flow and reading all the directions. Directions seems to make a lot of assumptions about what's already set up. Anyway, error is "There is no look source attached to the character. Ensure the character has a look source...
  5. M

Hello, experienced game dev, first time user. It seems like the setup could be much easier if common errors were handled better. I'm just setting up for first time, so using the typical combination of read a little, try a little, etc. First issue: I didn't want to use camera controller, and...