Recent content by markrrrrrr

1. M

"Can see object" task forgets its target after initial sighting

In the video above, "Can See" only has to find its target once, then it's done. I've never had any problem getting "Can See" to find its target once. I've watched all your videos (other than some that discuss integration with assets I don't use). After encountering the problem I've described, I...
  2. M

Yes, as I've said, "Can See Object" is being reevaluated within my tree, too. The problem is that after the first time, the AI resets the target tag from "Player" to null.
  3. M

I'd send you the tree -- it's very small -- but your forum won't accept it.
  4. M

I see that it works in the sample tree, but the simple tree I described fails as I described. For just a moment the AI "sees" the capsule with the player tag, then it looks for a null object. I added a debug line to your code -- no other changes -- and the log shows the player object as Player...
  5. M

Using a simpler script, similar to your example script "Within Sight" (but with a raycast to rule out x-ray vision) works fine. My "Can See" script also sets a marker at the transform at which the AI last "saw" the Player, and I use that transform in my "Move To" task. So my immediate problem...
  6. M

I've got a behavior tree that, in its simplest form, is simply a sequence of "Can See Object" and "Move Towards." The object for "Can See" is defined by the Player tag, and "Move Towards" is the Player object. When I press play, the AI's "Can See" shows success and begins the "Move Towards"...
  7. M

Use different weapons on attack

Perhaps I've misunderstood what this task is meant to do, and after some playing around I've realized I definitely misunderstood the "Disabled Index" in the Item Set Manager. My AI agent has two weapon sets, each with its Disabled Index set to -1. I thought that this meant that assigning a value...
  8. M

Use different weapons on attack

I'm having the same problem. I modified the script as you indicated above, but the AI agent will not change weapons.
  9. M

I keep getting a prefab error

I'll do that. Thanks.
  10. M

I stand corrected. Although the demo scene behaves, I can't create functioning new characters in a new scene (in 2018.3). Even when I try just a no-rig FPS controller, the resultant character doesn't work correctly. It will spin and jump but not walk or run. I went back to the LTS version of...
  11. M

How do I get a float comparison to recognize an AI component value?

I'm trying to create a tree similar to the one in your BT/UCC example scene, but for now without UCC. (I want to do a lot of experimentation with behavior trees, so I'm keeping my scenes as simple as possible.) In your example, the highest priority float comparison -- for ammo -- is using...
  12. M

I'm not sure how to find the full stack trace. Nothing further is shown in the console. As far as I can tell though, clicking "Fix now" on all the models has resolved everything. The demo scene now seems to behave as expected.
  13. M

Okay, I managed to get past it by selecting each of the assets that Unity was struggling with and in the "Model" pane of its inspector clicking "Fix now." So I'm back to being blown away by the character controller, but I thought you might want to know about this issue. (I suppose it could be...
  14. M

I just purchased Ultimate Character Controller, and when I try to use it, I get a long series (88) of this error: PPtr cast failed when dereferencing! Casting from PrefabInstance to Prefab! UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallGlobalEventHandler() If I ignore the errors, I can start the...