Recent content by lynnpye

1. L

Is there an advantage to replacing the animator controller?

For what it's worth, I stumbled upon this post, which points out a few things about animators and optimization: https://forum.unity.com/threads/performance-of-separate-animators-vs-single-multilayer-animator.428234/ In particular (at least what I gleaned from reading): - Fewer animators...
  2. L

I appreciate the replies and they do give some insight regarding benefits of rolling your own with respect to the learning exercise. Having gone through that myself, I agree, it's been useful to understand more of what's going on. But I don't understand the question regarding "optimization"...
  3. L

The documentation recommends starting from scratch with a brand new animator controller, adding only the parts you need, but aside from perhaps wanting to prune things a bit for purposes of clarity, is there anything *wrong* or perhaps *nonoptimal* if you choose to just reuse the demo animator...
  4. L

Condition System?

Agreed. In fact, what I've done is: - Subclassed CharacterHealth as AdvancedCharacterHealth. In AdvancedCharacterHealth, as you point out, if I simply wanted straight damage multipliers, I would have just overriden Damage(), specifically the 8 argument version that actually did the work...
  5. L

Condition System?

I've gone ahead and rolled my own (btw, I think the link you were looking for was https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/character/effects/ ). I felt I was going to have to do more customization than switching to the Effects system was going to help me with. I'm...
  6. L

Condition System?

Greetings and such. Quick question, is there a condition system built into UCC? Something by which an action can apply a lingering effect on the target (and/or the attacker)? I'm thinking of things like bleeding, setting something on fire, temporary damage buffs (or debuffs). It looks like I...
  7. L

UCC 2.1.1 Demo Scene crashing in 2018.3.6f1

And for what it's worth, now that my editor doesn't lock up any time I even sniff around your Demo scene, I'm looking forward to continuing to work with your toolkit. I picked it up more or less on the basis of the descriptions, reviews, and apparent level of support. Thus far it's been stable...
  8. L

Update: It's not the fault of the UCC Demo per se, but something in the Demo scene is exposing a problem with the Metal API and/or how it's being called by Unity. I have a workaround now, as described below. If I go to 'Project Settings > Player > Other Settings' and turn off 'Metal Editor...
  9. L

Not that I can tell. Unity freezes with a spinning pizza wheel, then I get the OS X Crash Reporter, where I get the crash dump.
  10. L

When I do the following: - Create new empty project in Unity 2018.3.6f1 - Import UCC 2.1.1 - Open Demo scene The editor begins to lag and will eventually crash, even if I do not attempt to play the scene. Clicking on inspector elements causes a pause at times before the element expands...