Recent content by Lukas - CryoCorp

1. L

Paid Work Requests

Hello Guys, We are interested in hiring additional devs for our company CryoCorp working on the game Unknown Descent, if you have prior experience with UCC and a background working in with PUN2 feel free to reach out either in the forums or directly to us at hello@cryocorp.net. On a side note...
  2. L

Switching from Gunner Seat leaves Controls broken

Just to clarify the situation this bug doesn't exist please refer to this link , my best guess is either the add-on was imported in the wrong order meaning first USC and then UCC or its an outdated Unity version. Alternatively since its not 100% clear what the gunner position is I would say if...
  3. L

Character can't die if Puppetmaster ability is active and other abilities don't work anymore

Oh wow ok sorry my bad, wrong assumption from my side without checking it. In this case I think I got the solution. Calling PuppetMaster.Kill if !UltimateCharacterLocomotion.Alive or OnDeath callback does the trick. Thanks for the quick response on this one :)
  4. L

Character can't die if Puppetmaster ability is active and other abilities don't work anymore

Hello Ive encountered a bug which will make the character invincible while in puppet mode. 1. Character controller variant (Ultimate Character Controller, First Person Controller, etc). -> Ultimate Character Controller with Puppetmaster 2. Unity version (include which SRP, beta Unity versions...
  5. L

Remote Player (Networked Instance) not re equipping weapon.

Hi so it does get called as per the screenshots: Also regarding "Inventory.LoadDefaultLoadout" my question was if the default load out can be set at runtime or if it can only be set in editor ?
  6. L

Remote Player (Networked Instance) not re equipping weapon.

Hello Ive encountered a bug which will cause the networked character to not equip his weapon upon respawn. 1. Character controller variant (Ultimate Character Controller, First Person Controller, etc). -> Ultimate Character Controller Pun Addon 2. Unity version (include which SRP, beta Unity...
  7. L

ObjectPool and Character Instantiation after Reconnect

Hi sorry for the delay in response, so I haven't looked into DontDestroyOnLoad yet but ive been able to solve the issue with CleanupCacheOnLeave = false. Meaning if we turn off photons auto cleanup we can do it manually as mentioned by FastSkillTeam. Further what is really nice is if we use...
  8. L

Indeed, this can be accomplished by setting the room option to "RoomOptions.CleanupCacheOnLeave". That would actually be the best solution, but the ObjectPool won't allow it. When the player reconnects, the ObjectPool instantiates a copy of the Character as a child of the Game. This results in a...
  9. L

Exactly, it's being deactivated and re-parented to the "Game" GameObject. However, the children which have a PhotonView are being destroyed. This is because Photon calls a cleanup function on them after a disconnect. I found the following information in the Photon Forums: "So...
  10. L

Hello, I've encountered an issue where, if the local player disconnects, his instantiated character gets moved to the ObjectPool. If he reconnects, it gets moved back into the scene. This works flawlessly as long as there is only one PhotonView at the root of the character. If I create a child...
  11. L

Double Jump Bug (Forever Jumping)

Actually right that is the more elegant solution, I just went straight for the easiest fix since I didn't fully dig into why we need m_JumpTime. But just to clarify although I believe you already found that its the condition "m_InAirTime >= m_JumpTime" which I was referring to. Hence yes...
  12. L

Respawn Bug networked player floating in the air

Hello Ive encountered a bug which will make the networked character stuck in the fall loop upon respawn, it only ever affects the networked character not the local one. So while the local player after respawn can walk normally the networked one will float. 1. Character controller variant...
  13. L

So our current fix still has a bug, upon double jump there will be no surface impact because the ability stays active and wont disable as it should at the turning point. We will also need to do the following: In the Jump.cs in the function OnAirborneJump()...
  14. L

Thank you so much Justin, Ive tried your fix and it's good but it lacks one function, the jump ability is only active until the top of the jump and once we are on the falling part it gets replaced by fall. So either you set the Jump Ability Stop Type to Manual or I would propose to change the...
  15. L

Also to avoid all interactions with any other assets I just did a clean install and only imported UCC with no add ons and plain vanilla Unity. Bug will unfortunately still reproduce. Hence maybe try spamming A and D keys more since those seem to trigger it. Please look at the video here: It...