Recent content by kentreva

1. K

Surface effect not activating. Using default instead.

ok the problem seemed to fix when i turned the game object into a prefab and then dragged it back int he scene. Very weird. I think it's a unity bug. One of those times you know you're doing it right but the engine jsut messes up i think.
  2. K

Behavior Tree feature request: Strafe around, Jump Towards, Jump Back

Would really appreciate a demo scene of at least the animator modifications. Would help a lot of ppl out.
  3. K

Adventure Kit WIP

Cool! That's great to hear. When it comes to it, please let me know if you have any questions about the requirements for the lock on system in those games. Will be happy to answer! There are certain intricacies like how the character movement changes and how the camera positions in those games...
  4. K

How to rotate character to face attacker when hit?

ahh good point. thank you!
  5. K

Behavior Tree feature request: Strafe around, Jump Towards, Jump Back

Hi! Would it be possible to add these behaviors to the movement or tactical pack? These are common AI behaviors in 3rd person adventure games like legend of zelda where enemies: strafe and move in a circle around the player while facing the player at all times. jump towards player jump away...
  6. K

The effect is defined as follows: But instead of the injuryfleshplayer prefab being instantiated, the default prefab in the fallback surface types is being called instead: As shown on element 4 below: Why is this happening? Did I miss a step? I checked the weapon and the player. They have...
  7. K

Hi. I'm running into a weird issue. I just want to create a new surface effect, type, and impact, but after I do this, it doesn't seem to ever run my effect. Instead it runs the fallback effect. Am I missing something? This is what I did: 1) On the weapon of my Agent Nolan prefab, I changed...
  8. K

Ah I see. the Ultimate CHaracter lomotion script inherits from a script that has the m_MotorRotationSpeed property. Was able to change the speed using m_CharacterLocomotion.MotorRotationSpeed = rotationSpeed;
  9. K

Adventure Kit WIP

This kit looks exciting! Was actually spending time figuring out how to make the asset work with all those assets so it's nice to have it all together like this. Just one concern that I think needs to be addressed is the lack of a proper lock on system for those 3rd person adventure games...
  10. K

These are the only properties with the words "motor" or "rotation" in that script. I meant like is it one of these? The name doesn't match the comment so I was confused if it's a mistake with the comment, or it's just named something different?
  11. K

Rearranging abilities not working as expected in Inspector

ahhhh. I see. Will wait for version 3 then. Thank you for letting me know!
  12. K

Hi thanks. I took a look. And I saw this in the comments of that ability: I'm thinking of adjusting this motor rotation speed property when my hurt ability starts to some very high number, but I can't find this field? Do you know what variable this "Motor Rotation Speed" is referring to? I...
  13. K

Oh looks like i'm on version 2.4.7. I'll check updating will fix it. thanks!
  14. K

Hi sorry for the many questions today. Worked a lot today. I really appreciate the help! When I move the abilities in the inspector, I notice they jump sometimes to a spot that's not expected. Kinda hard to explain, here's a video I recorded. Do you know why? Thanks for the help!