Recent content by John Bourne

1. J

Error with latest integration in first-person controller

Update on the error in the previous message. I noticed on the notes in UCC versions about the problem with updating in the Package manager. Following the discussion it appears that updating has been problematic for sometime. The last post a few minutes ago said the problem was fixed in the new...
  2. J

Error with latest integration in first-person controller

I seem to have the same problem as AnastaDhara with installing the UCC integrations from the Downloads page. When installing I get the same error: Assets/Behavior Designer/Integrations/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Tasks/StartEquipUnequip.cs(67,20): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly...
  3. J

Setting ability index in UCC from a task in BD

Is there a way to set the ability index parameter in ultimate character controller from a task in behavior designer? I'm looking for a way run different animations in a generic ability (e.g. stand up , sit down....) from the BD tree.
  4. J

AI Object Interaction

Diggidy: I'm still trying to get my character to rotate when it encounters a chair. I'm wondering if you have a solution yet with UCC.
  5. J

Character sliding around instead of walking

Thanks Justin: I did set up the navmeshagent as specified. But still had the problem specified above. Must be some other small thing that I'm just not seeing. If you don't see something I should try, I'll start over with a clean install and see if I injured something building the previous...
  6. J

Character sliding around instead of walking

Hi Justin: I have a similar problem. I have just recently returned to using behavior designer and the ultimate character controller. I downloaded the most recent version but ran into a problem that is perhaps easy to fix. I saw from the conversation above that NavMeshAgentBridge translates...
  7. J

Behavior Designer - AI Entity doesn't move.

I am a bit confused by the message above (Feb 21),Justin. I see where you can download the integration package for A*. I see you say we can use the navmesh movement items. I tried various things - indeed, I get the same result that Chaos... (above) gets when using "move towards" . I replaced...
  8. J

How to implement keyboard character press that drives ability

Thanks much, Justin! I had gone over the New Ability manual pages you provided - they are excellent, indeed. However, what I haven't been able to do is figure out how to put in a keyboard command that will activate the avatar crawling. Your example has the character activating a trigger when...
  9. J

How to implement keyboard character press that drives ability

Hi Justin: I'm new to the Ultimate Character Controller. I'm impressed with the details explained in the manual. I'm wondering if there is a tutorial somewhere that could step me through how to implement a keyboard button press to drive a particular ability (nice explanation in manual on how...