Recent content by FriendlyNeighbourhoodHero

1. F

Tab Pages and Filter Questions

This is a perfect explanation and so simple. I think I make it overcomplicated myself even though what you say with the category I should know by now but I think too much. now I learned a lot. It is a beautiful system and very much my most favorite asset and I own a lot haha. I have already...
  2. F

Tab Pages and Filter Questions

Hello. I have two questions about the UIS I have not figured out from the documentation myself. 1) What is best way to change pages from the Tab Control when the item exceeds the grid amount of items? Is there a key or button I can assign? When I click the next arrow it changes tab completely...
  3. F

How to Disable Use ability while Blocking/Potential Blocking Bug

Yes, I had implemented what you had suggested and did not get any different results. The videos I posted included your code and the layers changing caused issues in the characters control. I don't know anything about coding and am just using this asset at face value and letting you know in-case...
  4. F

Here. Watch this or try it yourself: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZCDntvb-E_hIQkglB5ibiSe8YpDCW7UI/view?usp=sharing At the start, you can see I am holding aim and I can slash away and nothing will happen to me so long as I am directly facing the target. When I stop aiming I take damage...
  5. F

Oh no, if you are hit from the side or any other direction it damages fine. It's only when facing front on. The main issue is that so long as you are facing them directly you can swing away and never be damaged or if you are Locked On (as is in my game) especially with the Orbit Target ability...
  6. F

Unfortunately, I am still not noticing any improvements with the extra line of code. I tried it in a fresh project only using TPC 2.3.1 and Unity 2019.4.16f1. If I am aiming and rapidly swinging away I will still not lose damage regardless of the absorption factor being at 0 so long as I am...
  7. F

Thanks so much for this detailed response. I will check it when I get home from work but everything you are saying makes absolute sense and would seemingly be the problem. I will let you know how it goes. Either way, I appreciate this being looked into. Cheers.
  8. F

Okay thank you, I can understand that the shield component on the melee weapon could be what is causing the issue. But when I take the shield component off, the block ability on the weapon no longer activates. In the documentation, it says both are required. So does this mean that even if I...
  9. F

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I did not get any positive results from changing the layer on the item from SubCharacter as is by default. In fact, I seem to lose control of the character and things move very oddly while the weapon is equiped. I tried this on the weapon prefab and on...
  10. F

Actually, on further testing. So long as I am aiming my weapon I don't seem to be taking any damage at all regardless of the "absorption factor" or if I have the Block item ability completely unselected. The same is also the case in the demo. I turned off Nolan's Block ability and with the sword...
  11. F

Edit: I think I do have the state system working after other tests.. So it may likely be more to do with my 2nd follow up post. Hello. I am new to the Opsive world and I have UCC and UIS and am working in third person. So far I have been able to work out everything quite well through the...