Recent content by duncanbellsa

1. duncanbellsa

Wander behavior on "local" navmesh?

Thanks - I'll try it out :)
  2. duncanbellsa

I think I may have found a solution - It seems unity has no way to tell the different between the islands, so the wander behaviour needs to include the calculate path function and only commit to the destination if that is there is an successful path.
  3. duncanbellsa

Hi all, I'm busy working on a coop shooter prototype similar to Rainbow Six Siege. So far, I've managed to get the navmesh and available/active obstacles syncing and updating correctly over the network. Playing around with some Basic AI, I currently have a problem where I'd like to be more...
  4. duncanbellsa

Free aim/deadzone for fps camera

So I managed to get it working properly, I ran into an issue which took me a while to solve: Zooming/FOV Since I was moving the crosshair around, if I zoomed in the gun would jump,since the cursor location has actually moved inwards due to the zoom/fov change. The solution here was to match the...
  5. duncanbellsa

That works great, I just need to work on a script that can clamp it, but so far so good!
  6. duncanbellsa

Ah I see - when I set up my first weapon for some reason it was not matching the crosshair, but I copied and pasted from the demo scene and I see it matches the crosshair correctly. Thanks!
  7. duncanbellsa

Hi everyone, I'm a novice programmer looking to make an FPS with a Red Orchestra/Insurgency style aiming system, where there is a "dead zone" that the aiming takes place in. Essentially, aiming point of the gun moves around on the screen, and is not locked to the middle. I've played around...