Recent content by Drex

1. D

Issues with the new climbing pack

Well, after messing around with the new version for a while, I can say I can't find any ways to break it anymore haha. One thing I did notice, but isn't exactly a bug or anything, just maybe unintentional, is that you can jump to cancel doing a short climb during the time the character is...
  2. D

I'm not sure what's going on. They are set as unlisted already. All my videos on here suddenly aren't viewable. Even the ones that I showed you before that were working fine. Now all the videos I've posted here aren't showing anymore. See if a directly link works better rather than an imbedded...
  3. D

Oh, I spoke too soon. The ladder climb stuck animation glitch is much harder to pull off now, but it still seems to be possible. I'm not 100% sure how to pull it off exactly. It doesn't happen every time, but it seems to be when I press both jump and F at the same time while I'm on a ladder...
  4. D

Tried out the new update. It's working a lot better. All the bugs I mentioned seem to be squashed. One bug I did manage to get, and it's kind of hard to pull off, is to fall off a short climb wall, turn around, and attempt to climb it with F before touching the ground. The character will get...
  5. D

I will check that out and get back to you soon. I simply didn't have the Slide ability on the character. It works fine now. Thanks! A solid plan. I do hope it gets added eventually but it definitely makes sense to work on what you have now to make it sure it all works good.
  6. D

The MoveTowards worked for me. He now turns toward the climbable surface naturally. It looks much better now, thanks! Something else unrelated to the climb mechanic but I thought I'd throw it in here. Is there any way currently for the character to slide down a slope that's higher than the...
  7. D

Here you go! Just walk off, turn around while falling, press F against the wall, and it will do the rest.
  8. D

The major thing I changed was the Climb Offset in the free climb. It was by default set to -0.15 or something like that. That's how it was set when I added the addon to the character. I had to set that to 0.45 like the demo Nolan in order for the climbing to even work at all. At first he would...
  9. D

Yeah, a video going over everything would be super helpful. So far I have the free climb working decently in my scene. It has taken a lot of trial and error lol. I had to change a few setting that weren't mentioned in the brief documentation explaining how to set it up. I also had to make sure...
  10. D

I'm getting there slowly! I did not have the debugging on, so I went ahead and turned that on. Which offset should I adjust to prevent the character from clipping through the floor when I try to climb down the wall from on top of it? Right now I can press the climb button pretty far from an edge...
  11. D

Yes, it is set as the detected layer in the free climb ability. Edit: After looking over how the demo Nolan is set up vs mine, I found that the default Climb Offset was set to -0.25 or something like that. I changed it to 0.45 like the demo Nolan and climbing works finally. It's still a bit...
  12. D

Ok, more weirdness! So I imported in the entire free climb object in to my scene. With my Nolan, he is unable to climb the walls. The exact same issue happens as before. Sticks to the wall for a second, then falls off. I then imported both the free climb object and the Nolan used in the free...
  13. D

Ok, sorry, I figured out why the error was appearing. Apparently the climb addon doesn't play nice with the UModeler tool when the model still has UModeler component attached to it. I noticed I only got the error when I tried to climb the custom terrain next to the cube and not the cube itself...
  14. D

I'm getting an issue with the free climb. What I've done so far: I set up the character manager for 3rd person only I then added the climbing pack I then changed the state of the free climb ability from FreeClimb to Airborne by typing it in to the State field as I couldn't find any other way...