Recent content by conraddu

1. C

How to persist x and z velocities when run-jumping with no root motion?

Hello, I am trying to configure a character so that when the character runs in a direction and then jumps, the character maintains their x and z velocity while in the air. The idea is that the forward speed of running is consistent with the forward speed of a running jump. Root motion is...
  2. C

WoW-like RPG movement type

Hello, I am trying to get camera and movement behavior identical to World of Warcraft's. The RPG camera and movement type in Opsive is close, but getting the behaviors I want out of it is tricky and I am hoping for some pointers. In WoW, when a player presses only A or D, their character...
  3. C

Spell/Ability System based on Weapon Type

Hello, I want to run some ideas and questions by you guys before I start implementing this spell/ability system so that I might be able to get some ideas & clarifications on how it can be built ontop of Opsive's UIS and UCC. I want a spell/ability system that allows a player to cast...
  4. C

InvalidCastException in ItemCategoryAttributeBindingView

This appears to be the solution, where the old logic is commented out.
  5. C

InvalidCastException in ItemCategoryAttributeBindingView

Version 1.2.12. In the Demo scene, navigate to the `Item Description` of the `My Inventory Grid Panel`. The category attribute view set item view module is broken. The attributes are not populating in the list, and there is an InvalidCastException in the console: InvalidCastException: Specified...
  6. C

Dual Wield w/ option to use items in either hand

This is what I see when I equip just in the left hand, none of the item definition slots are populated. But this is the case for equipping anything in any hand. In GetItemSetsFor, I can see that when I only equip an item in my off-hand, I see this at the end of the function when inspecting...
  7. C

Ok I created two video clips of the current situation: Dual Wield Problem pt.1 Dual Wield Problem pt.2 The first clip shows the current item setup in both the Inventory and Character system. The second clip shows the character picking up two one-handed items, and equipping them in the hand...
  8. C

Thank you so much for the great explanation, this helped clarify a lot of things. I now have it so that I can mix and match equipping one-handed items in either hand, which is awesome. However, there is still a missing piece to this. If I equip a one-handed item in my left hand, and have no item...
  9. C

Hello, I am struggling to understand how this rule is useful, is there an example somewhere that I could see it getting used? If not, would you mind explaining it a bit more w/ my use case? For example, in my use case I want all my one-handed items to be equippable in either the left OR right...
  10. C

Hello, I am hoping to be able to equip weapons to my player in a way where I can equip one-handed weapons in either just the right hand, just the left hand, or both at the same time. (Think of the standard sword and shield use case, but if shields could be right handed OR left handed, and...
  11. C

MonoBehaviourPunCallbacks order of script execution

Yup that's correct, the AgentSpawnManagerBase just acts as a means of spawning AI agents so that they don't have to be placed in the scenes manually. I think it would be a nice addition, considering that SpawnManagerBase already exists but only for Players. Looking forward to any updates on...
  12. C

Oooh I see, SpawnManagerBase.OnPlayerEnteredRoom() executes the EventHandler OnPlayerEnteredRoom event. That was the critical detail I was missing. So, it seems like it is incorrect for my AgentSpawnManagerBase to implement OnPlayerEnteredRoom from MonoBehaviourPunCallbacks. What would you...
  13. C

Hello, I have a question regarding the pun integration and the order of execution for PUN callbacks. Specifically, my question is regarding two scripts: SpawnManagerBase and PunCharacter. What guarantees that the master client will execute SpawnManagerBase.OnPlayerEnteredRoom() before...
  14. C

PUN item pickups re-appear for new clients

I currently have a solution, but I think it throws object pooling out the window for item pickups, so there is probably a better solution than this. What I do is as follows: DestroyInternal now takes an optional parameter of forceSend, which is defaulted to false. We send a value of true for...
  15. C

PUN item pickups re-appear for new clients

The PUN integration works quite flawlessly when you have a lobby where the master client and all the other clients join the game at the same time in a very clean state. But as soon as clients start joining the game after it has started, where the scene is in a "dirty" state, a lot of things...